“Kelmarsh Tunnel”
Review of Kelmarsh Tunnel

Kelmarsh Tunnel
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I thought that it was an excelent place to go. I would sugest taking a torch and a camera for the lovely surrounding lanscape. Dogs will love it because they can have a run around. Wheelchair users can go I will just say it is bumpy through the tunnel. I will also sugest that if if you go take your walking boots it can be muddy in the tunnel. I enjoyed it, it is also fun to find you may have to ask someone where you need to go.
Fab day out just go on a dry day.

5  Thank Corey_OH
"council"
"route"
"track"

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Well, it is certainly a rather unusual place to be able to visit and walk through but I wouldn't do this without carrying a good torch as the going is at times a bit rough. The spooky part about the line itself is that it closed, then re-opened and closed again. Weird, or what?

3  Thank Jakub71
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Ride though this tunnel whilst riding the number 6 cycle route between mkt harb and Northampton . It's a lot of fun, very dark and I enjoyed looking up though the vent towers half way through. It's great things like this are still open to the public and the health and safety do gooders have kept away. Well done Northamptonshire council and subtrans.

4  Thank smiffy-1-smiffy
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We had an excellent afternoon walk, down the old railway line which is now a cycle & foot path. The main highlight is Kelmarsh tunnel which is superb. The tunnel is VERY dark, you can see the exit (470 meters or so in front) but you should pack a torch to navigate the gloomy space. The echo is amazing the contrast between outside and the coolness of the tunnel was stark. I really enjoyed it! Parking is free, path walkway is free and tunnel entrance is free! So a great thing to do, if you want something interesting to do on a budget. Picnic benches are dotted along the pathway. Can't wait to go again. **Warning the tunnel is very dark - and can be scary for little children, as I found out when I took my little ones**

7  Thank familymacUk