“lovely”
Review of Kelmarsh Tunnel

Kelmarsh Tunnel
Reviewed 16 February 2014

this is a lovely walk nice and quite. parking is free, the ground is level so walking is easy and there are seats every where. Mind the cyclists, the tunnels are great, make sure you take a torch. its not signposted very well. there are no toilets

3  Thank aunt13anne

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Atmospheric tunnels and beautiful countryside. Path is flat and well constructed making it popular with cyclists. I'd recommend a good torch and taking a camera, ventilation shafts midway through the tunnels offer a great photo opportunity.

1  Thank Luke406
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The children and I loved it! We walked through the tunnel twice with our torches. We got very muddy by walking the alternative route too. Totally recommended and you didn't have to pay for parking either. A good day out for the young at heart.

1  Thank Loopyloumama3
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I thought that it was an excelent place to go. I would sugest taking a torch and a camera for the lovely surrounding lanscape. Dogs will love it because they can have a run around. Wheelchair users can go I will just say it is bumpy through the tunnel. I will also sugest that if if you go take your walking boots it can be muddy in the tunnel. I enjoyed it, it is also fun to find you may have to ask someone where you need to go.
Fab day out just go on a dry day.

5  Thank Corey_OH
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Well, it is certainly a rather unusual place to be able to visit and walk through but I wouldn't do this without carrying a good torch as the going is at times a bit rough. The spooky part about the line itself is that it closed, then re-opened and closed again. Weird, or what?

3  Thank Jakub71