“How did I miss "Bad Location" from the previous reviewer?!”

Teneo Apparthotel Bordeaux Begles
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Begles
Melbourne, Australia
“How did I miss "Bad Location" from the previous reviewer?!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel itself is okay, but seriously, there is absolutely NOTHING here to see or do, or even eat or drink at. I wish I had seen "sylwek2309" review, or at least taken notice of it (can't even remember noticing it). From the moment I stepped off the train, this place was a black cloud for me. The hotel staff however, were the shining light. They were lovely and professional and spoke English quite well which was a huge relief for me considering my first enounters with the locals in town. (There, No one spoke English and they were so rude).
I think the hotel may be primarily used for business people I think, as it has conference facilities. If you have a car, then okay, go here, I think they have parking there, but for someone like me, on foot, it was a terrible oversight on my behalf, booking this hotel.
Hotel facilities were of a good standard, admittedly, however the second hand smoke from the smoking terrace somehow filtered through into my room, which was absolutely disgusting! I had to shut my bathroom door and put pillows against the door gap to stop it! I have a low tolerance to smoke and it bothered me (I was furious actually, but hey, what are they going to do?)!
The breakfast at 10,50€ wasn't really worth it (nothing hot) but they could probably get away with it since there's nowhere else nearby to go!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marnie R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

There is nothing in this area Belges, it is very industrial and is ONLY GOOD IF YOU HAVE A CAR.
It's terrible to walk to town into Bordeaux and the closest Tram stop is half way into town anyway.

The room is very clean and nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sylwek2309

Travellers are raving about these Begles hotels

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The teneo apartments were very nice, cleaning standards weren't the best - as our toilet was dirty after they had been in. There were no English channels on the tv (which you were meant to have). This hotel is good ONLY if you have a car. It was a 15 minute walk to the tram station. The streets are safe on the walk to the tram station. The breakfast was good and there was a wide variety.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel in June. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Beds were comfortable. There was a little kitchen area if you needed it. Bottled drinking water was supplied in fridge free if charge. The concierge was very helpful recommending restaurants and organising taxis. Would definetly recommend staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mybl
gloucester
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week, and whilst the Junior Suite we had was comfortable and spacious, the carpet was badly stained and it lacked storage. We had only 6 coathangars and no drawers, so inevitably we had to live out of our suitcases which wasn't ideal. The location left alot to be desired, and took some initial finding. It was surrounded by car and motorbike businesses and we encountered many working ladies lining the route from tram to hotel at night. However, we never felt threatened and used our hire car to take us to and from the tram station most of the time. I would say that if you are visiting Bordeaux for any length of time you might consider staying closer to the city, or at least hire a car. That said the price paid for Bed and Breakfast was reasonable. Breakfast choice, whilst everything was cold (continental, with no hot options) it was sufficient and plentiful. The staff were quite helpful, and free internet access and car parking was definitely a bonus.
Bordeaux itself was beautiful with so much to do and see. We also spent a couple of days at the coast at Arcachon (about an hours drive). It was well worth the drive as the town was spotless and very pretty. The beaches were clean and the sand very fine. The water was a bit cold though!
Would I stay at this hotel again - not sure that I would.

Room Tip: Definitely worth having a Junior Suite for the extra space.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dicernedtraveller
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel was located in an industrial area. This was no problem for us as we planned not to spend too much time there anyway. Free parking was a bonus and just a 5 minute drive to the tram stop where we could 'Park & Ride' (2 people, 3 Euro) had us in the centre of town in less than 10 minutes. The room was a good size, although the clear window from the bedroom into the bathroom was a bit strange! Beds and pillows very comfortable! Unfortunately we requested a non-smoking room but it definitely wasn't - the room was very smelly and we and all our clothes were left smelling the same. Staff were ok, but couldn't even provide us with a city map! Overall, were were happy enough for the price we paid!

Room Tip: Check the rooms first if you requested non smoking!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Begles
Best Western Gare Saint Jean
#17 of 173 in Bordeaux
ResidHotel Galerie Tatry
#71 of 173 in Bordeaux
Le Lac 1
Le Provencal
Le Provencal
#8 of 173 in Bordeaux

Been to Teneo Apparthotel Bordeaux Begles? Share your experiences!