We got a fair price for this hotel on Hotwire. We flew into CDG airport, but couldn't find the shuttle. We waited in the "hotel shuttle" area, but nothing came. Asked several people, and they confirmed we were in the right place. We finally called the hotel and they told us to go to *** which we couldn't find. Finally asked another person who sent us to the train. Finally made it to the back entrance of the hotel, had to walk on gravel and rocks and up steps. VERY HARD TO FIND.
The a/c would not cool adequately, beds were very hard. The bathroom was nice, with a large seperate shower, but no washcloths? Do French people not use washclothes?
Service very slow. Front desk staff not helpful. Felt like the hotel wanted to gouge you for all your money! 25 e for a breakfast buffet? 6 e for a can of coke?? My husband needed an adaptor to recharge his cell phone for the trip home. They said sure, they had one he could borrow for 10 e! We skipped.
Took the shuttle back to the airport, but they drop only at one place in terminal 2. Terminal 2 is the size of most large airports, so a long way to your gates. This is aparantly the one and only elusive pick up place also.
One bright spot was Nicklas, I believe was his name, one of the shuttle drivers. When we asked if there was something close by to eat, he offered to drive us into Roissy, a quick 5 min drive that had several restaurants and a small grocery where we picked up breakfast and snack items. He gave us the # to call for him to come back and pick us up. When we called back to the hotel, there was no answer and we had to call back multiple times to get someone to answer, then the front desk staff insisited they only shuttle to the airport and were refusing to send someone to pick us up. We asked for Nicklaus by name, and he game to get us, no problem.
I know Paris is an expensive city, but this hotel is out to rip you off, and give you very little service in return.
Would only stay here if no other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the three main terminals at Charles de Gaulle Airport, and set in a brightly lit atrium with a magnificent glass roof arching beyond the elevators, the Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport hotel is the perfect hotel for guests flying from Paris airports. Our hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to Terminal 2, is close to the entrance of the RER train station and is just five minutes from TGV station Roissy Charles de Gaulle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel Roissy
- Hilton Hotel Roissy
- Hilton Roissy
- Roissy Hilton
- Hilton Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Tremblay-En-France