Please do not consider this hotel for business or pleasure. I've stayed in Radissons before and been very happy, but this one couldn't be further from my expectations. Not normally one to leave reviews but as I sit in my room with yet another problem today I thought why not!
I was on a two night business overnight stay and firstly, the bus is a nightmare. It took over 40minutes to come to the stop so I presume I had just missed one. There were others waiting before me so unsure how long - there is no way to contact the bus/hotel from or before the stop.
On arrival there were only three people awaiting to check in, and it took a really long time - around 20mins before someone else came to assist. Other staff seemed to be hanging around the back before coming to offer to help.
The bar area and staff are very pleasant so give them their dues, but some reception staff seem very inexperienced and a little rude to be honest.
My 'Superior' room was tired and a bit dirty. White masking tape on the front door to stop a crack, and a carpet which doesn't quite fit the room so gathers dirt in between. The bed was pretty comfortable and TV selection has English and US News which was good. The room was just old and needs upgrading. I asked for a key to the minibar (there is only one tiny bottle of water in the room) and was told they were all out. So they don't hold enough keys for the fridges which seems silly. I was met with a shrug of the shoulders from a male receptionist, and I then said that if I ordered something later in the evening it should be free of a service charge (crazy service charge at 10 Euro). After deliberating with his manager for a while back and forth he agreed which I felt was fair.
Room service was cold - the second night I sent it back to be re-heated but the beef was pretty much uncooked. Would not recommend.
Room was noisy and can hear others coming in and out of their rooms much louder than I would normally expect. As an 'airport hotel' it is quite a distance from the actual airport, so positive on the aeroplane sound but the bus journey is a bit of a pain.
Finally my Wifi disappeared this morning when I went to do some work at 9.30am. On calling reception, I had been checked out and my bill taken without me even going downstairs. On explaining I was still here - they turned it back on. Thank goodness or I wouldn't have been able to pass on this review as I always forget by the time I get home!
In general, service is very poor and inexperienced. Many others were looking disappointed or complaining about something or other (conference call facilities not connecting/room price). I think some training is required and staff should come out of the hub behind reception and give the guests some attention. When you are paying 280 Euros a night - better service, food and general experience is expected. Don't entertain this hotel unless you are willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort in many ways. It is not a four star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from all the airport hustle, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport offers a subtle combination between the quietness of its green space and Roissy CDG convenience. Located in the greenest setting of the airport, only 10 min from the terminals - RER/TGV train station, 20 min from Paris Nord Villepinte exhibition center and 40 min from Paris city centre, the hotel will seduce thanks to its numerous advantages. Thanks to its woody and warm atmosphere, our hotel is the perfect location for hosting all types of events or transit stays. Our assets: - Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel - Private courtesy shuttle to the airport - 240 cozy, spacious and soundproofed guestrooms with 12 junior suites and 73 superior rooms - A wide variety of meeting facilities with an extensive exhibition area: 19 multi-purpose meeting rooms spread over more than 1000m² with natural daylight for most of them, accommodating up to 300 people and 200 people for a wedding - Terrace surrounded by our garden to enjoy sunny days - Wellness center with a swimming pool and sauna, opened on the park - Pool table and table tennis at disposal - Private car park with 200 spaces With a quintessentially Parisian atmosphere, the Terminal R extends an a la carte brasserie-style dining inspired from traditional French cuisine. Gather at Le Cockpit bar, where you can pair an expertly prepared cocktail or your favorite drink with a light snack. The restaurant's Super Breakfast Buffet helps you start the day right and in case of early departure prior to 6am; a Grab & Run with cereal bars, fruit, mineral water and hot drinks is served in the lobby for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel Le Mesnil-Amelot
- Le Mesnil Amelot Radisson
- Radisson Le Mesnil-Amelot