“Not worth even considering.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Scotland
“Not worth even considering.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Please do not consider this hotel for business or pleasure. I've stayed in Radissons before and been very happy, but this one couldn't be further from my expectations. Not normally one to leave reviews but as I sit in my room with yet another problem today I thought why not!

I was on a two night business overnight stay and firstly, the bus is a nightmare. It took over 40minutes to come to the stop so I presume I had just missed one. There were others waiting before me so unsure how long - there is no way to contact the bus/hotel from or before the stop.
On arrival there were only three people awaiting to check in, and it took a really long time - around 20mins before someone else came to assist. Other staff seemed to be hanging around the back before coming to offer to help.
The bar area and staff are very pleasant so give them their dues, but some reception staff seem very inexperienced and a little rude to be honest.
My 'Superior' room was tired and a bit dirty. White masking tape on the front door to stop a crack, and a carpet which doesn't quite fit the room so gathers dirt in between. The bed was pretty comfortable and TV selection has English and US News which was good. The room was just old and needs upgrading. I asked for a key to the minibar (there is only one tiny bottle of water in the room) and was told they were all out. So they don't hold enough keys for the fridges which seems silly. I was met with a shrug of the shoulders from a male receptionist, and I then said that if I ordered something later in the evening it should be free of a service charge (crazy service charge at 10 Euro). After deliberating with his manager for a while back and forth he agreed which I felt was fair.
Room service was cold - the second night I sent it back to be re-heated but the beef was pretty much uncooked. Would not recommend.
Room was noisy and can hear others coming in and out of their rooms much louder than I would normally expect. As an 'airport hotel' it is quite a distance from the actual airport, so positive on the aeroplane sound but the bus journey is a bit of a pain.
Finally my Wifi disappeared this morning when I went to do some work at 9.30am. On calling reception, I had been checked out and my bill taken without me even going downstairs. On explaining I was still here - they turned it back on. Thank goodness or I wouldn't have been able to pass on this review as I always forget by the time I get home!

In general, service is very poor and inexperienced. Many others were looking disappointed or complaining about something or other (conference call facilities not connecting/room price). I think some training is required and staff should come out of the hub behind reception and give the guests some attention. When you are paying 280 Euros a night - better service, food and general experience is expected. Don't entertain this hotel unless you are willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort in many ways. It is not a four star.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank keira888
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Customer,

First of all, i would like to thank you for having chosen the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us.

It is a deep regret to read your different negative comments regarding our services.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced in our hotel this week.
We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

I have taken note of your comments about reception staff and these will be relayed to the Front Office Manager so that they can continuously improve on their efforts.

Regarding your complaint concerning the room service, we took a special attention to your note to be sure that this situation will note appear in the future.

I am really happy to read about your positive comments about the bar. Your appreciation has been passed on to our employees.

Once again please accept the Radisson Blu Paris CDG Airport hotel apology and we hope to see you again when your trips bring you back in that area.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relation Agent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

If you run a hotel, especially one catering for international visitors with planes to catch, you need to have efficient staff and credit card machines that work. This hotel is a good 15-20 minutes away from the hotel by minibus. The night we arrived the driver smelled of drink which wasn't reassuring. Check in was ok. We were asked for a 50 Euro deposit which we paid in cash, just in case there was a problem with the credit card being charged for no good reason. Our room was ok but we ended up having to order room service as the hotel restaurant could only accommodate us next to a very noisy group of men and my husband already had a headache.
Next morning we tried to check out with plenty of time to spare but the hotel had only 2 people on reception and big queues. This was made worse because one of their credit card machines wasn't working and the queue got longer and longer. Several customers left not totally sure that their credit card hadn't been charged several times - the guy on checkout was flustered and incoherent. Out turn came and all he had to do was give us our 50 euros. While tapping away on his computer he took a phone call and also spoke to his friend who had just opened another check out point - and then told us that he had already given us our cash when he had done no such thing. It was really upsetting and we had to make a huge fuss before he grudgingly gave us our money, saying something rude as he handed it over. What a start to our holiday and what a way to treat guests. We have stayed at this hotel and at other Radisson Blu previously but this incompetent rude man has really put us off. We made our flight but with the queues building up and the 2 too small minibuses I bet some people didn't. Stay somewhere closer to the airport or with a bigger minibus!

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel closer to the airport. This place adds extra stress to your journey
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am coming back to you regarding your complaint made on October 26th.

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback.

It is with deep regret that I read you have been mistreated by the receptionist at the check out times.

After taking the time to investigate, it appears that during your departure a technical problem happened concerning the credit card machine and the printer too.

The receptionist is in training as well, that is why queue was so long.

Nevertheless, your comment highlights the lack of diligence of our reception staff regarding their organization and their communication, because they should advise their Reception Manager about this kind of technical problems as soon as that occurred.
Be sure that I will forward your comments to the Front Office Manager so that it will not happen again.
Guests’ comments are our best resources to improve our services and meet the guest expectation.

Once again I do apologize, and I hope that this event will not prevent you to choose our hotel for your next stay at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Kinds Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Le Mesnil-Amelot hotels

Bluntishou
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel is tired and very expensive for what it is
Food not exciting
Saving grace - it is quite
There is a shuttle but not often enough and can be full - so you wait another half hour
Rooms clean but interesting marks on the walls!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you to choosing the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport for your last stay.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, regarding the room, the shuttle bus.
We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to our Chef .
We are currently doing our maximum with our housekeeping department to anticipate every imperfections in our rooms .

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service.

Best Regards,

Berengère Ulvoas
Highland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Needed a room for a few hours as a stop over on business. It was fair. Was able to grab a bite to eat and a place to wash up. It took a very long time for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. The shuttle was not convenient to the airport but all the airport hotels were picking up in the same area. I would suggest taking a taxi. I would not use it for other than a business stop over.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you to choosing the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport for your last stay.

It is disturbing to hear about your few disappointments and I am truly sorry for such experience regarding the shuttle service .

I can understand how your frustrations was to waiting for the shuttle bus so long.

I would once again like to apologize for this inconvenience.
We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Yours Faithfully,

Bérengère Ulvoas
Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room OK, bed not too bad. Hot tub broken, steam room closed, pool bottom covered in sand.
Restaruant does not open till 7:00pm on weekdays and closed on weekends. Never heard of such a thing especially since the hotel is very isolated and there is no place else to eat in the neighbourhood. It was possible to eat in the bar though. So we ordered and one of us ordered a hamburger. They asked how she would like it done. She said 'well done'. When it came it was still pink inside so we we sent it back. What they did in the kitchen was throw the whole burger back on the grill, bun and all. When it came back, the bun was burnt, but the meat still pink. She took it back to the waitress and told her she didn't want it all as it was still not nearly well done, to which the waitress replied 'It is well done to us'. That's a first for us where a restaurant caters to themselves and not the customer. You expect much better from a Radisson with a rack rate of 400.00 eruos per night.
On the plus side the guys doing the transfers were friendly and helpful, rooms quiet, although don't expect much from the A/C.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you to choosing the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport.

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your guest concerns with us and for helping us to improve our daily work.

We always do our best to satisfy our clients and we are sure you will look upon this matter as an isolated one that is not indicative of the high standards of service our hotels are known to offer.

We can imagine how frustrating you must have been being welcomed such way.
Please accept my sincere apology for those inconveniences that occurred during your stay at our hotel.
While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Kinds Regards,

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

It was my mistake of choosing a hotel near CDG Airport instead of getting one in the city.That said, the amenities were synonymous with the Radisson Blu brand found the world over.Food served was delectable, and does make one wonder about returning to your home place :-)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Pjacobvarghese
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to your next stay.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Cordially,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here couple of times for connecting flights from Paris this is a good option.... Good shuttle service to and from the airport... Good decent rooms . Nothing opulent but nice standard . No complaints. Relaxed atmosphere. Good restaurant

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feeling about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed .

It will be a pleasure to welcome you for your next stay .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Mesnil-Amelot
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aeroport
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aer...
#1 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Amelot
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Ame...
#3 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
#12 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hotel Oceania Paris Roissy Aeroport CDG
Hotel Oceania Paris Roissy Aerop...
#2 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Premiere Classe Roissy - Le Mesnil Amelot
Premiere Classe Roissy - Le Mesn...
#4 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!