“Uniquely Attrociuos”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
cambridge
“Uniquely Attrociuos”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Very bad in many respects, the toilet didn't work, the paint was falling off the wall in the shower, they said the internet was free but the wifi didn't work so plugged into the network via a cable and they attempted to charge 60 Euros for the connection, harassed by staff who couldn't fix the problem. Poor room decor, no bedside lights, the ridiculous price and an atrocious minibar made this the last time i stay in a Radisson Blu ever.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank tetleycat
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your previous stay at the Radisson Blu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel.

We appreciate the feedbacks; they will be used in order to improve our daily work.

I do apologize for the inconveniences that you met during your recent stay regarding internet, and the room décor.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays.

Yours faithfully,

Bérengère Ulvoas
Guest Relation Agent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night... It's worse than motel 6. The guest pictures are true, everything is dated and I would never return to this location even if it was for free...shuttle service was okay, breakfast was included in my rate and was decent.. They need to rebuild this place one room at a time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SparksMN
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise.

We apologize for the inconvenience encountered on your previous stay.
We can imagine how frustrated you must have been. We can assure you that this situation will be avoid next time.

I can assure you that your comments will be share to the General Manager , guest’s comments are very important for us to continuously improve our services.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays.

We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Warm Regards,

Bérengère Ulvoas
Midwest USA
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Usually I read tripadvisor reviews before booking a hotel, but didn't do so this time because of the Radisson Blu reputation. Unfortunately, that was a big mistake and everything about this hotel was awful and most has been written about in prior reviews. The hotel has serious issues - layers of dust in the restaurant; broken tile in the dirty, cold, slimy pool; sharp steps in the pool area; no working steamroom, a whirlpool with a piece of plywood over it and no water in the pool, Internet connection issues, tv issues, mold, broken stonework, broken shower bar, broken mirror, toilet door which gets stuck so a child thinks she's going to be trapped in the toilet forever, shuttle issues including a driver who won't lift a bag into the shuttle, overpriced food and drink, and management that says that you deserve to get a crappy room if you pay the lowest price. And, management who says they are adjusting the charges on your bill but then don't so you have to soend time working on it after your return home as they know most people don't have an extra hour on the morning of their departure from CDG to correct an inaccurate bill. If you get a decent room...consider yourself lucky but decent rooms can be had for significantly less as hotels much newer, much more service oriented and much closer to CDG (novotel suite hotel for example) are certainly available without the hassle involved at this property. I am SHOCKED this hotel continues to operate under the Radisson name. Truly disappointing property. Why take the chance?

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank China101
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We take pride in our « Yes I can » culture and can assure you that we always do our utmost to satisfy our clients.

In light of your dissatisfaction and as a gesture of goodwill, Franck Havard offered your diner without alcohol.
Thursday, as a compensation we refunded your room night to 80€uros on your American Express.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future,

I remain available at your disposal if you have any queries,

Sincerely Yours,

guest_relation@hotels-res.com
Kildare
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I’ll try to keep this on brief! My visit to this hotel needs to be a distant memory so I’d rather not spend a lot of time writing my review.
This hotel if far from the standard expected from a Radisson Blu. It crossed my mind that somewhere along the way; someone had stolen the familiar signage from the front of one of our dearly trusted and loved chain hotels and nailed it to the front of a tired old motel.
The excitement started with the shuttle service. It never came. After waiting for one hour, I called the hotel and asked them what was wrong, I explained where I was and was assured the bus would come. 40 minutes later, an enquiry with an excellently presented Marriott shuttle service driver had me swiftly delivered to a different terminal (FOC – thank you Marriott) After a further 30 minutes in the cold, I was collected by a the Radisson van (a huge dent in the door should have intimated the quality I was heading for) The hotel is a long way out from the hotel.
Check in was a pleasure – the staff are friendly and well spoken. The reception is bright and warm.
The room I received was small and disappointing despite being very clean. An over whelming fragrance suggested that perhaps an underlying odour was being covered up (the yellow scorch marks around the sink rim would suggest it was a smoking room in it’s past life.) My nose became very itchy. There was no visible association to the fancy room shown on the Hotel’s website.
The mini bar needs a key from reception so I can’t comment on the content or quality.
The bed was very clean, well made and quite comfortable.
The bathroom was in a bad way. The water was not hot, the shower door was hanging off the wall and the mirror was cracked and grimy. Both plugs were broken.
The kettle lid was broken in the open position – no point even trying it for fear of setting off the fire alarm.
Part of the roof seemed to also be rotting and starting to fall inwards - an interesting presentation as one comes in the door! And speaking of the door – the security chain was useless. It looked like someone had previously kicked it in!
Bandwidth on the wireless connection was ok but no use for streaming video.
The restaurant staff and food were excellent, the price was expensive, and I guess this was due to the restaurant being so far out. I’m not aware of a choice of external venues. The restaurant itself is wrecked. Damaged walls, worn carpet and furniture make the experience a little disappointing given how friendly the team were and how tasty the food is.
Beer at the bar is expensive (9€ for a large)
Anyway to summarise; this hotel is below average in terms of overall impression. The staff and food are great but the condition of fixtures (and vehicles) and room was not good. Nowhere near the expected standard of our dear Radisson Blu.

2 Thank Mick W
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport hotel, and for taking the time to give your opinion.

It is with a deep regret that you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us due to the different problems encountered that you met.

Our shuttle’s services is working from 05.:15 am to 11:30pm with schedules varying throughout the day; the only shuttle stop that we have is at the Terminal 2 Level 5.

Concerning the issue with the hot water and the “kettle” broken, be sure I will pass on this information to the concerned services in order to avoid this inconvenience in the future. Regarding the security chain, it will be change .

I am really happy to read about your positive comments about the restaurant and the front desk staff. Your appreciation has been passed on to our employees.

Thank you again for your feedback as this is our best resource for rectifying any unsatisfactory experiences, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with outstanding service.

Please feel free to contact me at this e-mail address.

guest_relation@hotels-res.com
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have just spent two nights at this hotel on business and after reading some of the most recent reviews I was really worried what I was letting myself in for. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised at the modern and well presented condition of the public areas of the hotel. The check in procedure was prompt and courteous but I must agree that the bedroom was 'tired' and in need of refreshing. The room was rather dark and uninspiring, but having said that the bed was comfortable, the linen clean, and the bathroom of a reasonable size with a very good bath and shower.

There were coffee and tea making facilities in the room and basically all the amenities that you would expect in a mid range price business hotel. I ate in the restaurant on both nights and the staff were friendly. The food was of a good standard if a little overpriced, but no more expensive than you will find in most hotels. the breakfast selection was extensive and of good quality.

The hotel is quite remote and there is nothing to do in the immediate vicinity so you are rather dependent upon the hotels facilities, but it is well located for the airport and definitely for the exhibition and conference centre at Paris Nord Villepinte. There is also plenty of parking at a reasonable price of 10 euros per night.

Yes you will find more modern, better equipped hotels nearby but you will pay the price for them. If booked in advance you can get good rates for this hotel, and if you are realistic in your expectations then this is a perfectly acceptable place to base yourself for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us and for helping us to improve our daily work.
We are glad to read that you ha
d a nice stay with us and you appreciated the staff as well as the food, we always do our best to apply 100% guest satisfaction.

When there is exhibition at Villepinte we organized shuttles it is very helpful for our customers.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I are visited Radisson Blu Hotel from the 7 Dec - 15 Dec 2013. He is booked for work and I will be taking a holiday. It is our first time in Paris and I have been searching the hotel and tourist attractions. I have just read all these horrible experiences and complaints on TripAdvisor and I am now deeply concerned. Been away from home and with my husband been away on training I was hoping that the hotel was going to give me a wonderful experience :-(

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you to stay at our hotel.

We are concerned about your worries and we totally understand your point of view.

Our main focus, is that our guest feel like at home and we do our best to satisfy our customer.

If you wish to discuss , feel free to contact me at the number bellow.

Best Regards,
+33 (0)1 60 03 63 00
Ireland
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Having chosen the Radisson Blu, I regrettably thought that I was going to a good hotel during my night at Charles de Gaulle, Roissy Airport.

Being on the road, or rather in the air, for over twelve hours and having to wait for over 40 minutes for the shuttle bus in the rain, I was already being prepared for what was to come.

The hotel has the potential to be nice and chic.... but it has the feeling of an old winter jacket one would really like to replace, if one had the cash to do so !

But I wonder why this hotel seemed so short of cash as the hurricane prices of €400 per room per night, as advertised near the front door, seemed, even by Parisian stanards, more than morally outrageous.

The rooms were dull and had a feeling of being used beforehand by thousands of weary clients like me.

Although clean, the bath was made for a person no older than nine and a half and weighing no more than 55 kg.

Although the bed was comfortable. my few hours sleep was invaded by the painful squeal of a false fire alarm which penetrated my dreary head until someone on duty decided to switch the damn thing off.....

The breakfast was good, although the staff seemed drearily, I came across an almost 'triste' and lonely bunch of employees..... who somehow found their customers 'gênants'.

The good point of the CDG Radisson is that I only had to spend one night there, waiting for my flight the following morning.

For the building badly needs a good facelift to justify its price, as does the mediocre service. The staff too could do not only do with a facelift, but, as other clients have rightly remarked, a course ortwo to finally teach them that 'the customer is always right' !

Room Tip: I asked Selim at the reception if he would give me a good room. 'Toutes nos chambres sont bonne...
Dear Customer,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Radisson Blu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport hotel for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us.

It is a deep regret to read your different negative comments regarding our services and staff.
Be sure we took a special note for each issues that you met, we take the time to read and to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the fire alarm that you got ; I can understand how this situation can be very frustrating. One of our guest smoked in the room and the fire alarm automatically started.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our American Breakfast Buffet which is very diversified.

Once again, we would like to apologize and hope to welcome you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Mesnil-Amelot
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aeroport
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aer...
#1 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Amelot
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Ame...
#3 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
Premiere Classe Roissy - Le Mesnil Amelot
Premiere Classe Roissy - Le Mesn...
#4 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
#12 of 30 in Roissy-en-France

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!