“Good hotel, bad shuttle, okay restaurant”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Austin, United States
“Good hotel, bad shuttle, okay restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

When you stay at an airport hotel, the shuttle service is often critical. You want to have a short wait and timely service. When I was at the CDG Radisson Blu, the shuttle drivers were on strike (a slow down strike). The hotel staff gave no information on this, as if it happens all the time (maybe it does) and is inconsequential (it isn't). The hotel should of course avoid this problems and when they occur, back up plans should be put into effect. That didn't happen and indicates a management that doesn't care.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Thomas M
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
DearCustomer,

Thank you for having chosen the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport for your recent stay.
Last week, the taxi drivers were on strike it is the reason why our shuttle could be late sometimes as they block the road at the Airport.
I would like to apologize regarding this situation and I hope that you did not arrive too late.
During the day we tried to get some information from our Taxi Company, as they were on strike nobody was responding, it is the reason why we could not respond to our customers.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kind Regards,

Guest Relation Agent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with family. Besides being very bery close to the airport, there is nothing great about this hotel. The rooms were of fair size with basic aminities provided. The wifi too worked well in our room. But Being a 3-4 star property, least i would expect is for the rooms to have clean, odour free carpets. The moment i entered, i was greeted with a stink of that of old rotting carpets !! Plus, one cant even open the windows to let some fresh air in..:(
The air conditioner (on full) too seemed to have been breathing its last. It was functioning as a ceiling fan at 2 speed.
The connectivity from the hotel to the city centre is very weak. besides a pre booked taxi, there is no other way in or out from this hotel.the hotel provides free shuttle service to the airport only.
The metro timings too are such that would make sure that you are back at the hotel in time well before dinner !!
Overall an average experience..!

• Stayed June 2014
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your overall experience with us .

It is disturbing to hear about your few disappointments and I am truly sorry for such experience during your stay.

Our Engineering service fixed the problem that you met in the room on the 4th floor, to ensure that did not happen again.

In our establishment we have different room type it is the reason why amenities can be different.
In Superior Room, these rooms are renovated; there is a welcome tray, sleepers and amenities…
Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide the room requested.

However, we appreciate all comments which can help us to improve quality of our service in all hotel areas and we will therefore take your comments regarding the room.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again to change this perception.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed overnight at the Radisson Blu Airport and had a nice experience. The staff, with the exception of one male receptionist, was friendly and very accommodating. The male receptionist answered our questions, but seemed to be annoyed to do so. All in all though, it was a very satisfying experience and the airport shuttle was a lifesaver.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Customers,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel for your recent stay and to share your feedback.

I am very happy for you to read that you enjoy your stay with us and appreciated our staff.

Be sure that your comment will be pass to our employees.

Our main focus is your satisfaction, we like to take the time with our guest and help them.

We hope to welcome you again for your future stay.

Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I was booked into this hotel by my company. It is close to the airport and reasonably priced but that is all I can say positive. When I entered my room there was no air conditioning. The room was sweltering. I called the front desk and was told that they may be able to fix it in the morning. Not a bit of sympathy or an offer of a fan.
The area around the hotel is mostly industrial . There is a very small town with little services. Internet access in thw rooms is very poor.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and can assure you that we always do our utmost to satisfy our clients.

Once again please accept the Radisson Blu Paris CDG Airport hotel apology and we hope to see you again when your trips bring you back in that area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please do not hesitate to send me an email at the email address below.

Sincerely Yours,

guest_relation@hotels-res.com

Travellers are raving about these Le Mesnil-Amelot hotels

Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel itself is nice, as is the staff.

However, it's a really boring, pedestrian unfriendly area. I tried to use my iPad but the internet was extremely slow. Don't even think about watching videos -- even a 2 minute video is too much for it. Good breakfast, but a little pricey (20 Euros).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having chosen the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel for your recent stay and to take the time to give your opinion.
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. It is very important for us to know your feedback. Our daily work is your satisfaction.
For your future stay, we will be glad to assist you with the internet connection or offer you the connection to be sure that your connection will be working as well.
Thank you again for your feedback as this is our best resource for rectifying any unsatisfactory experiences, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you want to stay at an airport property then you cannot do wrong with this location. Nice large rooms and bathroom which are quite nice and clean. Good sized lobby with a bar. Restaurant is okay, service is fine but a limited menu. What we had was fine but would have liked more choices. Free shuttle service to the airport which is about 10 minutes away. Only problem with the shuttle is it drops you at Terminal 2 and then you have to find your way to your flight. Not the easiest to do.
The biggest downside to this property is their wireless connections. You need a different password for wireless in your room and in the lobby. The connection speed is so slow and unmanageble you might as well not use it. The staff is aware of this and tries to help....to get a boarding pass my suggestion is to use the computer in the lobby at the concierge's desk not your cell phone. By the way...the staff was very nice and accomodating.
Without the wireless issue this is a nice property...with an indoor pool by the way.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Valerieradcdg, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Customer,

We are glad to read that you had a nice stay with us and you appreciated the rooms, the staff as well.

We have the business center open 24 hours with computers and printer.

It will cost 3€uros for 10 minutes, or we usually ask to the guest to send us the boarding pass and then we shall print for you.

We would like to apologize for the internet’s issue, but for your future visit please contact us we will be glad to offer you an internet package.

Please accept again our apology and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed there for one quick night. I was truly disappointed. Firstly, I arrived at 11pm, and I waited for 20 min to check in. Oh well! Sometime there is a rush of people checking in simultaneously, but every single check-ins in front of me appeared complex. The first look in the lobby is good and looked updated. The rooms however are really old looking and need to be refreshed. Bathroom was ok with a good updated shower system. Now come the cons: free Internet is slow and unusable. If it states free internet, it should be a “workable” network. I could not skype at all as it was too slow. The other network is 10Euros…. I bet they do not want to improve the free one to get more revenues. Also, the kitchen being closed at 11pm, I went to the bar and asked for some food. As nothing was served (except peanuts), I was told to order room service. I asked to order and eat at the bar (the room being small and honestly, I prefer not eating in my room)… The bartender told me it was not possible to bring the food from my room to the bar (What?), even if I would bring it myself. What kind of service is that?? The room service menu is not appealing and has a 6Euro service charge on all orders…. So a 9Euro soup would cost be 15Euros. Anyhow, don’t stay there if you want a good service, a good internet or an updated room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Valerieradcdg, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Customer,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the RadissonBlu Paris Charles De Gaulle for your previous stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the different troubles meet during your recent stay.
Concerning the internet connection I can imagine how frustrated you can be in such situation, for the future if this situations will happen.
You just need to call the Front Desk then the concierge will come in your room to offer you the internet package who will be faster when too much connections are using in same time with wifi.
Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience that occurred during your stay. Rest assured that I will pass on your comments to the concerned service in order to take the necessary measures to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with outstanding service.

Warm regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Mesnil-Amelot
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aeroport
Nomad Hotel Paris Roissy CDG Aer...
#1 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
Ibis Paris CDG Airport
#12 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,482 reviews
Hotel Oceania Paris Roissy Aeroport CDG
Hotel Oceania Paris Roissy Aerop...
#2 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport
#1 of 30 in Roissy-en-France
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 5 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,751 reviews
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Amelot
Campanile Roissy - Le Mesnil Ame...
#3 of 5 in Le Mesnil-Amelot

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!