All reviewsthe riverset mealan eclectic mixgood sizemiddle of townmain roadcastleparkingeurossupper
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It could be a gem of a hotel but...
1) the rooms are dated
2) the river-view rooms are noisy
2) the restaurant is simply disappointing, the food was served cold, soggy vegetables, unappetising

Avoid if you can!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This is a good three-star hotel in a convenient central location. Parking might be difficult - check with the hotel. I was on a walking trip.
The hotel is slightly old-fashioned but all the facilities are good. My room was of a good size and comfortable. The ensuite bathroom with separate WC was modern and well fitted out. The free wifi worked well. There was no a/c in the room. I had a view over the river - probably worth asking for that.
Breakfast is OK. But if you like good French bread; it could be fresher. My friend said the coffee was weak. Perhaps ask them for a cup from the espresso machine?
Reception is excellent. Perfect English. Most of the staff in the hotel seem to speak at least passable English: and are patient in dealing with customers whose French might not be too good.
I was booked on half-board by the organisers of my walking tour. I wouldn't normally have supper in a hotel but the two suppers I had here were excellent and good value. The serving staff in the restaurant were wonderful. It would be worth investigating half-board terms or at least booking a table for an evening meal. The restaurant was busy. Try to get a table overlooking the river.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We only stayed a couple of nights in this hotel. Located in a charming typically French square, we managed to park right outside for free as it was 'le weekend'. On arrival staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room overlooked the river,and it would have been lovely to keep the windows open, but the road opposite was very noisy. So try and get a room at the back! We had an eclectic mix of old furniture, which was charming, however the wardrobe/clothes cupboard was in the bathroom, not a good idea. The bed had a footboard and although I'm only 5'6" my feet hit it. Piece of advice, check the pillows before you go to bed, ours were both hard a lumpy, and they have blankets not duvets. There were no tea or coffee facilities in the room either. The bathroom although clean, needed a serious upgrade. There was a handheld shower head in the bath, but no curtain, so if you stood up to use it you'd have to be very careful. We didn't try the restaurant or breakfast facilities. Although it wasnt bad, I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Get one at the back
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schadd2016
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Very well located hotel. Simple but clean. The staff was very friendly. Nice breakfast next to the river. The castle mainly restaurants was only five minutes by foot. Good choice to visit the Pays Cathare.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed for one night in October and there was 3 of us. The room was good value and clean with nice sheets and towels. We had breakfast which was extra and good value. The staff were very helpful and polite and the hotel was centrally located. Good for a couple of nights break in Foix.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family