“Always consistent and welcoming”

Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Herning
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Always consistent and welcoming”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having stayed here every week for nearly a year many years ago it seemed logical that I stay here again on my return to Denmark on business. The rooms have obviously been renovated and have still retained their charm. Quality of the meals both at breakfast and dinner were still of good quality and reasonably priced. From memory there are still plenty of restaurants locally if you like a change but on the basis I was there for a couple of nights I felt comfortable where I was. The hotel has changed with the times over the thirteen years since I was last there but thankfully the service and ethos of the hotel hasn't.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan R
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for coming back and completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are looking forwared to see you again.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 97 22 18 00.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We wish you a great summer.

BEST WESTERN Hotel Eyde

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for one night for business. For a Danish hotel, the check-in was fast and the service was good, i.e. up to international standards. The restaurant has decent food and breakfast is OK, although not exceptional for a hotel this standard.
The hotel does not get rated higher for two reasons. The first one is that the room was pretty small and outdated. I stayed in one of the rooms at the front of the building, which seems to be the older part. I know they are updating the rooms, but as I did not get one of the newer ones, I have to take this into account. Anyway, the room just underneath the roof will not get bigger and with all the sloped ceilings, still a challenge for tall persons! The second reason is the noise outside. Even though I stayed a weekday, there were a lot of young drunk teenagers in the street at 2 am, garbage truck and other delivery trucks came in around 5 am and they began working on removing the pavement somewhere in a street nearby at 6 am.
It seems from the other reviews that there are nice and new rooms in this hotel, but unfortunately I did not experience myself. I would suggest the hotel management to use these rooms for other purposes (storage, meetings?) and only have rooms in the newer part of the building.

Room Tip: Insist on a room in the newer part of the building!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Peter Bihl,

Thank you for responding on Tripadvisor. It is very important to us and we value your feedback.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. As you mention, we are renovating the rooms - we look forward to welcome you when all rooms in the hotel are newly renovated -

I'm not sure we can promise silence from the young happy people on the street - but we can promise that renovating with soundproofed windows etc. will be done.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We are looking forward to welcome you another time at BEST WESTERN Hotel Eyde.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Having experienced the pre-renovated rooms, the new modern and beautiful rooms are a dramatic change. It feels like an entirely different hotel. The service remains excellent and I can see why it is the preferred choice of the international traveler in Herning, with extra pillows and standard ironing set. Towels in DK are well, small in comparison to world standards but it reminds me that I am in DK. B&O TV quite cool. large bathroom and glass door shower with rain shower. plenty of hangers and even a clock that projects the hour onto the ceiling. Breakfast was very good. The bill is in Danish. Breakfast is charged even if you do not partake just so you know. In the rush of leaving I did not have the chance to dispute that, I guess they would have deducted it. We will return.

Room Tip: If you like to open windows, perhaps don't choose courtyard view as the occasional person will s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon. We are very happy to here that you like our new renovated rooms - we are looking so much forward to finish our renovation of all rooms.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was booked into the Eyde by my hosts and it was a delightful hotel. The room was fab with a separate sitting room for watching TV and working. The en suite bathroom was great too and the bed very comfortable.
All in all a super place to stay-i didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that!

Room Tip: ask for a suite!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 20 March 2014

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Hotel Eyde a number of times and always found it relaxing and enjoyable. This is a fairly old hotel, centrally located, but it has been upgraded and modernized in bits over the years, the latest addition being new lifts and a lobby overhaul.
During yet another stay recently I found it to be much the same as usual. The hotel staff is helpful and accommodating. Breakfast is excellent with some local specialties on offer. There is also a good restaurant (Sankt Jørgen) with a friendly bar in the hotel. The rooms are clean, albeit a bit dated and not all of them have the full amenities expected of a four star hotel such as minibar. Street noise (i.e. garbage collection, weekend revelers) can sometimes be disturbing. My only real complaint is that the wireless service, although free, was only working very intermittently, and weakly at that, and the hotel staff was unable to offer any solution to the problem. Otherwise, a good experience overall, and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the streets are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are verry sorry about the troubles you had in using the Wireless connection. We have now found out were the problem is - and it has been solved.

We are looking forward welcoming you next time you are in Herning.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Lovely friendly hotel, great rooms. spacious calm and comfortable
Will be even better when the construction of the street and hotel is finished, also a little tricky with some floors which the lifts don't reach, but overall a great experience and really felt taken care of.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 26 September 2013

When you arrive at the front door of the hotel, you have to walk right through to the back to find reception, which is rather strange. The initial impression was good, with what seemed to be modern, comfortable, refurbished areas. However, when I reached my room (32), I was very disappointed. It must have been one of the old, non-refurbished ones, with furniture that did not match, a scrathed hard-wood floor, and a bathroom which seems to have been tacked onto the room as an afterthought. I ate in the restaurant which is warm and cosy, with an old fashioned feeling. The main course was unfortunately overcooked, and pretty much burned to a cinder. The sleep quality was good in a comfortable bed. However, around 5:30 there was a commotion outside which woke me as the rubbish was collected in the car park outside my window. Breakfast is served on the top floor and was quite adecuate. If my room had been better, I would have rated this hotel a little higher.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Eyde, Hotelchef at Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Mr. BraddyBarcelona,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

At the moment we just started renovation all rooms in the older part of the hotel - in the weekend the first two test rooms are ready for renting out. From october 7. we start renovating all rooms.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 97 22 18 00

Best Regards

Hotelchef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herning
Scandic Regina
OsterGaards Hotel
#7 of 9 in Herning
Gl. Skovridergaard, BW Premier Collection
Sinatur Hotel Skarrildhus

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Eyde? Share your experiences!