“Wonderful surroundings”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This family type restaurant i placed in Silkeborgs most beautiful surroundings just by the harbour with the old peddelsteamer Hjejlen.
In the summer they have outdoor serving, in the Winther it is possible to get a table that overlooks the harbour.
The restaurant itself is a family restaurant with space for children.
They serve a salat buffet and different kinds of Meat grilled on a flame grill. They are especially known for their spareribs for those who eat pig but selves other things as well.
Their most chosed dessert is softice that one pours oneself and have the choise of many different toppings. This is always a hit with the children.
If you are looking for a place with space and food also for your children this is the place.
If you do not chose your dessert here you can always walk the 20 meter to the icebar right on the harbour and have your icecreme here.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Danish quality!! Very good an Danish menu, fast service, friendly service, good Food, good wine, good beer, Nice view. And very easy eating under Riverboat jazzfestival!! :-) see you next year.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

A very disapponting experience from start to finish. I know this is going to sound harsh, but we were VERY disappionted and it was NOT worth Dkk1500 for what was meant to be a Saturday night treat for the kids! A complete waste of money. Please note we had a very nice young lady as a waitress, and this is in no way a reflection on her!

We were 5 in the party. Three of us ordered the 350gr US Omaha Ribeye, Aside from questioning the actual weight of the individual pieces of meat, they were way too fatty and yes, I am aware this particular cut is more fatty. I cut away more than a third of my steak, and I am not usually that fussy!

Two steaks were ordered as 'medium' one as 'medium rare' written by hand on the order card. ALL THREE STEAKS WERE OVERCOOKED AND GREY! Another person ordered a different type of steak and this looked well cooked, pink and juicy. The pulled pork burger ordered by the 5th person was juicy, but the bernaise sauce that accompanied several steaks as well as the pulled pork was watery, tasteless and definitely not homemade. It was disgusting! Just to top it off, the french fries tasted of old oil.

The salad bar offered a good selection of vegetables, but the oils for the salad dressing smelled rancid and old. I asked a waitress for some balsamic vinegar, but was told they only had the 'red wine vinegar' in the salad bar. When I went to use it, it was empty - so I asked for more. What came back from the kitchen was in fact balsamic vinegar, so I told them they now had balsamic vinegar in their clearly marked 'red wine vinegar' bottle, at which time I was told that what was in the bottle was what they called 'red wine vinegar'. At this stage I resigned myself to eating my salad with whatever vinegar was in the bottle!

For educational purposes. in case the restaurant staff read this review, here is the difference between red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. It might be useful to get the right stuff in the correct bottle :-) The attitude of the other waitress (not ours) did not help matters.

• Red wine vinegar, as the name implies, is made from red wine, and is aged in wooden barrels for 2 years.
• On the other hand, balsamic vinegar is prepared from grapes after they have been crushed, aerated and fermented for many years.
• Balsamic vinegar is more expensive than red wine vinegar.
• Balsamic vinegar is darker in color than red wine vinegar, which also has a mellower flavor.

Please note I do not like leaving bady reviews and I very rarely do so, but this was a very disappointing evening and a lousy meal! As for why I did not say anything at the time - I did not want to embarass the other people in the party, nor did I trust that my complaint or request for another steak would have been well received.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is good place to eat at a reasonable price for Denmark, we ate twice during the week and both times the welcome was good and food good quality.
Worth a visit

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Great food and not badly priced considering it's in Denmark, highly recommended