Hotel Dania
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Kongensbro Kro(Silkeborg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2010

The location is perfect, in the middle of the town centre. But the hotel needs a major facelift. It is totally run down. The rooms are old with signs of wear and tear. The bathtub dirty with stains of mold. The carpets filthy, especially in the breakfast room and hallway. The breakfast room is located on the ground floor with no elevator.Breakfast was bland with limited food selection. The staff seemed fed up. The lady in reception was really impolite!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank NinasArendal_Norway
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a trade fair in Denmark, and the experience was interesting and/or amusing.

This is one of those hotels where you get the impression that it must have been really amazing, you're just a few decades too late.

The opverall impression is that it's a strange sort of dusty, sqeaky place with cobwebs on the chandeliers, and faded curtains.
This could all be quite a charming place, had it not been for the fact that it's been a bit haphazardly modernized in a way that doesn't really go with the old time charm, and that it still seems to have some illusions of its old time grandeur.

The room was completely ok, the bathroom was tiny, but everything was clean, and the bed was comfortable.
The wall-mounted tv was placed so that it was completely impossible to watch tv without ending up with a sprained neck, and there is no wi-fi internet, which meant that I had no way of getting online on my quite new laptop.
There is no soundproofing between the rooms and the corridor, so a few danes in a festive mood made me thing that I probably wouldn't get much sleep, but I managed still.

The breakfast room was also a bit murky, with a very basic selection, but I wasn't expecting much, so all in all it was ok.

That being said, I didn't actually pay for the stay, as it was a business trip, so I may not have been so favourable had I known what this place actually charges.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The servicelevel can nearly be described as rude, allthough we noticed a higher level towards the Danish guests.

The room we stayed in was really tiny, smelly, stuffy and very dark. It was not very clean with stained carpets and dust and a sad bathroom.

No view, except for a brick wall 1,5 m from the window. The window was only accessed by climbing over the bed (120cm for two people!) and when opened allowed spiders to fall onto the bed.

My worst ever hotel experience.

The location and exterior is very nice and the hotel could have been a gem with some renovating of the staff and interior.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I have been staying in many hotels till today, but this was my worst experince ever when it comes to service. We arrived at 6 pm, and the receptionist was a kind of rude. He did not tell anything about facilities in the hotel, he was only telling us that we needed our voucher to check-in - and he was almost sending us out of the hotel again. We were not told where the breakfast would be. The toilet in the room was very smelly, so we had to shut the door when we were in the room.
When passing the reception we only met angry faces and no goodmornings and so.
When leaving the hotel they did not say goodbye and didnt seem to care at all if we had enjoyed our stay.
I have never ever met such a low standard in service, absolutely not recommendable and not worth its 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2008

This historic hotel on the main square in Silkeborg is in an ideal location. The staff were reasonably welcoming.

However its past glories are faded and in my view it no longer justifies its 4 star rating. The worst feature was the stench of sewage in the bathroom which was really appalling. We complained and it was treated, but when using the bathroom again late in the evening it came back just as powerfully as before.

When checking out the following morning I complained that the smell had not been eliminated or even minimised. Far from apologising, the receptionist said "Well, there is nothing I can do about it"

Even ignoring the chair in the bedroom with split upholstery, the worn carpets in the main hall, and the lack of a restaurant actually in the hotel, I really feel that the condition of the bathroom alone makes this a place to avoid

1  Thank jyllander
sxhotels, Manager Marketing Support at Hotel Dania, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

We were very concerned to hear of the situation you encountered after arriving at Hotel Dania. The bathroom problem you have mentioned has never been an issue previously and this situation should have been rectified. We at Hotel Dania take pride in delivering the utmost in customer service and we apologize that in this case we did not deliver this standard of service to you. We always have a Manager on duty so in a situation where you are not satisfied with the outcome, the Duty Manager should be contacted to help rectify the problem. We appreciate your honesty in your comments and please be assured that your situation and comments have been passed on to the applicable departments at our end.
It is our hope that you will return to Hotel Dania in the future so we can show you that we are truly a Moderate First Class property and the best hotel in Silkeborg.
Kind regards, Hotel Dania