“Such a bad experience”

Cuisines: French, Danish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant after reading all the good reviews on trip advisor and I got so disappointed that I will never go back to this place. The amount of food on the plate is ridiculous for the price. I wouldn't like it even if it was a cheap menu. I became sick after eating the lobster soup. My boyfriend didn't like any of the things we chose either. The decoration probably was fancy a couple of decades ago. Now it's just old and showing little taste. The staff was the best thing. Really welcoming and nice. I would think about it twice if I was you.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

OMG, this restaurant really is the best!
Service was friendly and professional - even when I reguested a change to eat vegan dinner when all my colleagues ordered from the meny, it was not a problem. The atmosphere is really warm and beatiful and then the food - just marvelous! I can't recommend this restaurant enough! Really worth visiting if you are driving through Denmark.

Vegan / vegetarian friendly even though the meny is fish and meat - just ask and they will serve you tasty food! :)

PS. This place is a really good wine restaurant as well.

2  Thank MissMartti
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Merlot is one of the best restuarants I have ever been to which is why one of my Danish friends had his 40th birthday there. Its a great restuarant for an intimate meal or business lunch. The wine list is wonderful and they are always keen to advise. Try the coffee its an event in itself. One seen never forgotten.

1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'd like to start by saying that this restaurant was not just a matter of eating out. It was an experience that has kept us talking about it ever since our visit and wanting to go back.
The menu, service and atmosphere offered was all top drawer: from the personal explanations of ingredients and courses in both Danish and English for my partner and I, to the amazing wine that accompanied our meal.
It was a lovely evening.
Try it for yourselves, I can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank LeeButcher1982
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We had a fantastic meal tonight at Merlot. This was one of our top five dinners ever. Owner chef Egon spent generous time with us and the food was unique fusion of Danish fundamentals with French flair, delicious and presented at its best. We asked him to pair some wines for us and his choices were spot on and well priced. The dining room was classy and comfortable but not pretentious. A bit of a splurge but seems very reasonable for this quality in Denmark. It's a bit off the main center of town so a good set of directions will help. We would definitely seek it out anytime we are there.

1  Thank womiller99