“Excellent Value for Airport Hotel”

Airport Hotel Pilotti
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Small, clean rooms in a quiet area close to airport. Shuttle service is well advertised (both at the airport and the hotel) and on schedule during my visit. Hotel staff very helpful with excellent English.

Stay here for free shuttle service if you are departing early or arriving very late. Breakfast begins very early which is nice when you have an early flight.

I don't recommend this hotel for touring Helsinki; only for connecting to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for commenting your latest stay in our hotel here at Tripadvisor.com. It it always a pleasure to receive valuable feedback and guest experiences from our guests in order to constantly improve the hotel's services and facilities.

Your kind comments describe our hotel very well; our main goal is to provide cosy accommodation, with reasonable price and attentive, friendly customer service. As an airport hotel most often our guests are staying only for one night during flights and we try our best to provide service especially considering their needs. I am delighted to hear that we have succeeded in this while you were staying at BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti.

Thank you again for your comments and hopefully we may see you soon again here in our hotel!

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel for its closeness to the international airport, and shuttle bus service, making an excellent choice in the process. The hotel is some five minutes drive from the airport. My flight departed at 6:30 am the following morning, and the complimentary shuttle bus was able to take me to the airport at 4:15am. Most impressively, breakfast was provided at 3:30 am and was comprehensive - the cooked understandably does not begin until around 6 am. The staff member taking my booking was excellent - terribly helpful and efficient, providing me with emailed shuttle timetables. The shuttle also picked me up from the airport. The hotel room was well appointed, the bed linen fresh and new feeling, the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was very small, however the shower was excellent and piping hot with great pressure. Lack of air conditioning made the room a little hot, but a fan is provided and windows can be opened. Very helpful and friendly staff, and clearly a very popular hotel. Highly recommend overall as the perfect airport hotel. Great shopping center for last minute shopping a ten to fifteen minute walk away.

• Stayed: July 2012
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear "Samuel C",

Regards from Vantaa and thank you for your kind comments concerning our hotel here at Tripadvisor.com!

I'm very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable visit with us. I'm especially happy to hear about my colleague's great performance while serving you as customer service is a top priority for us. Naturally it's nice to hear that the services and facilities provided in our hotel have met with your expectations as well. In terms of the size of our bathrooms, they have been designed to be compact in order to maximise the space in the room itself.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and welcome soon again to BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The total was clean and nice. You get what you pay for - you don't get 5 star but you get a nice comfortable bed, a nice clean room with TV. I would defiantly stay there again. The free shuttle is super!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

thank you for your positive comments concerning your latest visit to BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti. I'm very happy to hear that everything worked fine for you during your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you soon again here in Vantaa!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Handy for the airport and has a free shuttle bus service. Service not great and you do have to attract the attention of reception staff as they are usually sat talking in the office, leaving you stood there waiting. Some local knowledge but staff didn't understand the local transport too well. Rooms were very nice but as is to be expected the mini bar was seriously expensive and there was no food available anywhere. One night was enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AnonymousUser0084845
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed overnight in a room with a double bed the night before my flight back home. The room was very very warm and the bathroom was probably the smallest one I had ever seen but clean and big enough for one person to use. The breakfast was ready even a bit before 4 am which was nice because then I did not have to rush. Even at this time in the morning, there was cereal, bread and all the desired toppings, fruit and yogurt, etc. breakfast was wonderful. The shuttle left promptly at 415. Great service overall. It cost 100 euros to stay the night which is a bit expensive when compared to north America but I did have a gift card and the location was great. It was a 15.70 euro taxi before 8 pm from the railway tikkurila to the hotel and from the hotel, a short km walk to the "jumbo" mall.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here in May, 2012. A prime location just 5 minutes drive for international airport. Hotell offers a free shuttle bus from and to airport.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean , but little tired. The staff was very helpfull and nice .
We must take the breakfast at 4 a.m and the breakfast was very good.
This hotell is very good .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed here actually twice in my past trip (at the start and at the end a few weeks later). The hotel itself is decent. The bathrooms are small and really compact being the biggest negative, but the room itself is nice. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast served after 6am was great which a good set of options (herring, sausages, potato pancakes, cereal, sandwich making counter etc).

They also have a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The only bad thing is the free shuttle from late morning through to evening has to be booked in advance or the bus won't show up. I ended up not being able to notify them in advance, so took the Holiday Inn shuttle and then just walked a ways to the hotel which is a bit of a walk with luggage.

For the price, it was the cheapest and another good thing is it was close to the 615/650 bus that goes into Helsinki. So that was another good thing about the location. I would book it again next time I go there (if I ever do)...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank warlord
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greeting from sunny Vantaa! Thank you for visiting our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you have been satisifed with your perious stays.

I wish to comment briefly on the transportation remark. In the evening times we have a transportation from the airport to the hotel beginning at 5pm and the last transport is at 2.00 am, departing every 30 minutes from the airport. (www.hotellipilotti.fi/en/best_western_airport_hotel_pilot/airport_shuttle). Accordingly, when arriving to the airport you only need to go to platform 9 or platform 11, depending whether you're arriving to Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. The platforms are located just outside of the terminal building. In case you are arriving outside of these timetables, you can give us a call and we'll arrange the transportation for you. The transportation from the hotel to the airport in the morning needs to be booked in advance the day earlier in order for us to know precisely how many guests need the transport to the airport at a particular time. Surely we don't want you to carry any heavy luggage as we have the transport to the hotel available all day long so hopefully this information helps you next time. =)

We look forward to seeing you soon again here in BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti!

Kind regards,
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vantaa
Airport Hotel Bonus Inn
Cumulus Airport
Cumulus Airport
#6 of 10 in Vantaa
Holiday Inn Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
Hilton Helsinki Airport
Clarion Hotel Helsinki Airport

Been to Airport Hotel Pilotti? Share your experiences!