“The proper place to stay near airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Airport Hotel Pilotti

Airport Hotel Pilotti
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Russia
“The proper place to stay near airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

When you are to spend a night in Helsinki to change the flight the BW Airport Hotel Pilotti is the best way for me. The room was large. The bed is comfortable and clean. The shower was small, but do you need a huge bath room for a night? Very close to the airport. It is very important for early flights. The breakfast you can have starting from 4.30. No problem. Very tasty food in the restaraunt, good home service. The reception officials are very professional, they try to answer any question. If necessary they phone to the airport to clear the problem. As for me, the next time I have transit through Helsinki I'll stay at the hotel. Really Best Western quality.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank IraRussia
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear "IraRussia",

greetings from Finland and thank you for sharing you kind comments regarding your latest visit to our hotel here at Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! I'll also forward your special greetings to my front desk colleague who helped you with the matter concerning airport services; we're happy we were able to assist you.

We'll be looking forward to see you soon again here in BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti!

Best regards,

Petteri Turunen
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
Savonlinna, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very small , overall bad but good service by staff, clean room, good thing is free airport shuttle, near to airport, if ur alone then its ok to try if not try to adjust, i didn't like my stay. House keeping guy was so helpful, and early morning front office guy very good service

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chiis
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear "chiis",

many thanks for sharing your comments with regards to your latest stay in our hotel.

I wish to apologize for the fact that you had not been satisfied with your visit. Our standard rooms are roughly 18 square meters in size and I'm sorry this has not been satisfactory for you. We do have larger Family rooms and Junior suites available as well which I recommend you to reserve should you stay with us again, which I naturally hope is the case. However, I'm delighted to hear that our personnel has served you well; excellent customer service is our priority number one and I'm happy that we have succeeded in this while you were staying with us.

Despite the disappointment regarding the room size during your latest stay I hope we may be given a new chance and welcome you again to BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti.

Kind regards,

Petteri Turunen
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti

Travellers are raving about these Vantaa hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel as a stopover to get an early flight the next day. So luckily it was only one night. There where some positive things, like the bed which is very comfy (but way too small for 2 persons). And there is a free airport shuttle (as most other nearby hotels offer).

The overall appearance of the hotel is really outdated. This starts already at checkin, where you have to have to squeeze yourself and your luggage past a huge ice cream freezer (moneymaker with 0 deg outside) which blocks access to the reception!

Then the room, it is very small and the bathroom is even smaller. Unless you like to shower while going to the toilet, the bathroom is nowhere near today's standards. Further it is extremely noisy, you can hear everything around you. Also, the window is surrounded by metal so when it rains, raindrops slam into this metal producing a very annoying sound (which is the reason I'm writing this review in the middle of this rainy night)

So I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For this kind of money you can definitely get a better hotel near Helsinki airport.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Boot04
Tampere, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our room was a very small twin room and our bath room was really tiny. Most inconvenient though was really cramped parking facilities; this hotel advertises, that you get 1-2 weeks free parking, and it is a good advantage neat airport, but parking spaces are really cramped, and if it is full you have to park 1 km away.
Breakfast was okay, not really a Best Western quality, but it was okay.
Free shuttle bus to airport and back goes every 30 minutes in the morning and in the evening. We arrived at 3 pm to the airport, and there was no free shuttle to pick up our car from parking, so this really was no cheap option for us considering room price, taxi etc compared to airport parking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kuusimaki
Pori
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Only to stay overnight. Next to the airport - not so glamorous but an excellent place to stay going to/coming from the airport. Not so tidy bar and small shower rooms - but all compensated with a luxurious breakfast! No markets, bars or shops round the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Bruxelles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Zero deg outside. I get into a room. It's cold like a fridge. They left the windows open. Even worst : there are no handles to close them!. So I go to reception asking for the problem. They gave me a handle for the windows. Not sure if this is normal in Finland but is not in the rest of Europe. Finally I managed to close the window. I go to the restaurant there as it was late. 14€ for an empty plate if starters and 29 for a steak which was fries salad and two mouthful of row meat. You can get a normal dinner at lower price anywhere else in the city. Bathroom was minisized and appeared poor. No plug into bathroom. I asked for a single and they gave me a double. Only positive thing was the bed, and the shuttle service. Final comment : for that price go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Luca F
rsumelius, Owner at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Luca F,

I would firstly like to thank you for staying with us at BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti. I would also like to thank you for your most valuable comments, these comments help us improve our customer service and we take them very seriously.

I am very sad to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory and that we have let you down. Our aim is of course to make all our guests stay with us enjoyable.

As for the window, I will personally make sure that this sort of incident will not be happening again! This has been very regrettable to hear. Also, I will review our restaurant menu and make the appropriate changes, as we would like to think we offer value for the prices we ask.

Please be sure that we take your comments to heart and will be working on these issues to improve ourselves and the services we provide.

On behalf of all of us here at BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti, I would like to express our sincerest apologies and once again thank you for your feedback.

Richard SUMELIUS
Assistant Hotel Manager
Owego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

If you are going to Helsinki you might consider saving money and staying out by the airport - there is a free airport shuttle to the hotel (not all day - so be sure to check the schedule) and convenient bus schedules to the center city (a 5 minute walk). You can pick up a bus pass also nearby, which we did - it save some money if you take some trams in the city. The breakfast spread is impressive - and the food is surprisingly very good in the small restaurant inside the hotel. Be prepared the bathroom is SMALL -

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper - ask to stay on the back side as there is some road noise on the street...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank UnoDos03
rsumelius, Owner at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear UnoDos03,

I would like to thank you for your stay at our property and finding time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We here at Best Western Airport Hotel Pilotti think of all our guests thoughts and concerns as our own.

We are constantly trying to find ways to improve your stay with us, such as the services you have mentioned.

As for the breakfast we try to keep a diverse selection of choice that both appeals to our international guests, as well as our local. We believe our guests should have a good start to their days and a good breakfast is essential to ensure this.

Our restaurant, also strives to serve our guests the highest level of produce and customer service and we are really happy to hear you have enjoyed our cosy little restaurant. The Menu is changed biannually and hopefully on your next stay with us we can serve you something new and good again.

All of us here at Best Western Airport Hotel Pilotti would like to thank you again for your most valuable comments and welcome you back again soon!

Richard Sumelius