“Very good choice for a short night”

GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed 11 July 2014

As it is part of the airport building you feel a bit like Tom Hanks in Terminal :-)
The Room was very clean althought quite small. If you just stay shortly to get some sleep or have a shower it will suit you well. The staff was friendly and the procedures very fast. I had a big TV in the room and a very fast WLAN connection. There are no windows but a good aircondition. It was unexpectedly quite until about 7 o'clock in the morning when low noises raised from the airport. I will get back if I have to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Y-SZug
There are newer reviews for GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very conveniently located in the terminal basement - you can get to the departure area in a couple of minutes. The rooms have no windows and are fairly small and basic. The bathroom was also fairly basic but functional. However the room was quiet and the bed comfortable, which is all I needed to get some rest in between flights. Wifi is included. The place is fairly expensive compared to the going rate in Helsinki, however you can't beat the convenience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cqfp123
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The location is perfect if you have an early flight. The hotel is situated at terminal T2. We conveniently managed the baggage-drop when we came late in the evening. We slept as late as possible, went straight through the safety check-in, and had breakfast after that with coupons included to the room price. The rooms were small but had everything needed (shower, big TV). They were clean, and decorated in modern style. The service was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Outi H
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Walk off your aircraft and into your 'inviting' Hotel room!
Yes, it is as simple and pleasing as that.
If you have a day or two to take in the sights and sounds of beautiful Finland and Helsinki; the Glo Airport Hotel is your first choice. Convenient, very comfortable with all amenities; beautiful interior decor and smart bathrooms.
Affordable 'Bed and breakfast' prices. There is no 'in room' service; all meals are available in the Ceasor' s Dining area, which is attached. The meals are delicious, plentiful, and affordable.
Easy 'check in', if they have room? they are always Booked out! We were most fortunate to have got a Room without prior booking. Check out time is, 12 . 00 noon; However, you may leave your travel baggage in the care of the Hotel, untill your Flight Check in.
Special mention of TERO, the gentleman at the Reception, who booked us in. Most affable, calm, and an ever - ready smile for the weary traveller.
I would highly recommend this hotel for its Location, very clean and comfortable aesthetically pretty Rooms. Wi fi and large screen television.
All the conveniences that spell 'happy holidays with a GLO', under One roof!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lots of people here have complained about this hotel being very expensive. I do agree that it was expensive, especially since most people would only stay there to catch a flight the next day, but then again it is Helsinki so I really didn't expect it to be any cheaper.

I enjoyed my stay. I thought the room was small but not too small, rather just cosy and very clean and modern. The tv was huge and I wished I didn't have to go to bed so I could just skim through all the channels. The staff was also very friendly.

The only complaint I have is that the air con was on really high and the switch was broken so I was freezing most of the time. However, the duvet was so warm and comfortable I slept well anyway. The hotel is very quiet so you are unlikely to hear any noise, except occasionally I heard a loud sound above my room, like if a truck drove over the sealing or something, which I guess is likely since the rooms are located in the basement. That's why I decided to wear earplugs in the end.

Breakfast the next morning was really good and there were plenty of choices. I only wish they would have also served special coffees, such as cappuccino, but I'm sure I can live with that. So yeah, overall I think it was a good hotel, especially if you have some extra money lying around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Let's get the negatives out of the way first - you're paying through the nose (around £150 rack rate) for a small, windowless room with a bathroom the size of a wardrobe. There are also very limited catering opportunities nearby with only a poor quality pizza restaurant and a couple of coffee shops nearby (in the airport itself).

BUT, what you do get is a very comfortable bed, air conditioning, peace and quiet, free toiletries, and fast, reliable wifi that actually works!!

With taxis to the airport costing around €50 from downtown Helsinki, and the bus costing only around €6, I took the decision to save money on my taxi fare and put it towards my hotel bill! I'm very pleased I did. Although I only managed a few hours sleep before my early morning flight, this was done in comfort and I woke feeling rested - rather than sweaty and anxious!!

I'd recommend this hotel if you can swallow the slightly bitter pill of the room rate - and if a stress-free start to your day after a good night's sleep is a consideration.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had an early morning flight and my boyfriend was arriving late so I booked a room at the GLO at the airport, simply because it was cheaper than the other airport hotel. Arriving at the hotel (which is apparently being renovated) and getting to our room, my first thought was a cabin of a boat for some reason. The rooms are very small and windowless. However, the room was very modernly decorated and seemed to have been renovated recently. The bed was comfy and the tiny bathroom was nice. Staying here for one night for a layover is ideal, I wouldn't stay much longer as there's very little space for your luggage (if there's two of you that is). Wifi worked well and is included. We also took the breakfast, which we hurriedly shuffled down at the Cesar in the morning, this was very basic and really nothing fancy so if you are in a hurry you might as well grab a croissant and a juice + coffee after security, which is an option the offer you if. You don't have time for the Cesar.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple