“Too nice to be an airport hotel, great staff!”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Too nice to be an airport hotel, I doubt many people are touring the area, this hotel can rival any major city business hotel! Nicer than hotels in city centre!

Conveniently located adjacent to airport, Great for overnight layovers or early flights. I had a 22 hour layover in Helsinki, late arrival, so decided to stay at this hotel. As HH Gold upgraded to Executive Floor 5, EF rooms are nice, view of runway and I could see aircrafts landing and departing, and the windows are solid, I could not hear a thing! I also had complimentary breakfast and wifi.

Since I checked in after 11pm, Executive Lounge was closed, I wanted to watch the eurocup game, so I asked reception if I could have a complimentary beverage at bar, and manager did not hesitate and gave me a beverage certificate. This is a true sign of customer service. They could have easily declined request, but they agreed, these minor things are what will make me return.
Bar area and breakfast area are really spacious and nice. Morning breakfast was packed, but plenty of tables, plenty of staff, breakfast has a very large amount of selection spread out through various stations. Delicious!

Wifi is free in lobby, so I saw many people using it.

Another test to the staff, I saw they have a couple of bikes for guests to use, but hotel is very far from city centre, so I asked if they could get in touch with Hilton in city centre and if they could arrange that I use the bikes at Hilton Centre. A quick call to the hotel, and I had bikes reserved for me! Again, reception could have told me not possible, but they took time to grant my request. I took bus 615 from T2, Platform 21, Euro4.50, took 25 minutes to centre.

So two simple requests, met successfully and graciously!

This hotel has raised the benchmark for airport hotels.

Room Tip: Use bus 615 to go to city centre. Free wifi in lobby. Ask for High Floor, view of runway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ORD-TGU
There are newer reviews for Hilton Helsinki Airport

Reviewed 21 June 2012

If you're like me, you're probably staying at the airport hotel for the sake of convenience for an early-morning flight, or the like. For that purpose the Hilton is excellent, as you can walk to the international terminal from there within minutes. The hotel in and of itself is what you can expect from any Hilton in Scandinavia: spacious, neat, and tidy. They have a nice sauna free of charge that is open the from morning till night. But beware: everything at the hotel is ridiculously priced, with breakfasts ranging between 25-35 euro (!). If you stay here, know that there is a grocery store (ALEPA) on the ground floor of the airport, where you can shop drinks etc. to take with you. The mini-bar in the room is well-equipped, but certainly not worth the price...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay!

We also appreciate your kind comments about our hotel in general and thank you for your feedback about the price level. Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department for review. We offer rates both including and excluding breakfast in order to cater for all our guests with different needs and I am sorry to hear you were not made aware of this option when booking your stay.

We are thankful for your stay with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again when you feel a stay at our hotel will make your journey more convenient.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I decided to stay in the Hilton airport hotel as I arrived late night in Helsinki and departed two days later very early in the morning. Therefore, even a brief shuttle ride would cost me precious minutes I could be sleeping.
The room was not particularly remarkable, but it was exactly what I needed - clean, quiet and comfortable. The remarkable friendliness and attentiveness of the front desk staff, however, is what upgraded the hotel from merely average to very good.

Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor!

We are glad that you found our hotel to be convenient for your needs during your trip and we trust that you got a good nights sleep. We are especially happy about your kind comments about our staff, it is a pleasure to hear that you received the attentive service that you hoped for. Often it is the the people in the hotel that is the most important aspect of a hotel stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will come back for another visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hilton is an great airport hotel. You don`t need a shuttle. There is direct access from Terminal 2.

Staff is quite friendly ecxept from staff at the breakfast buffet.

Breakfast buffet is quite extensive. However still overpriced if not included in room rate.
Negative: No fresh coffee, just premade in can, which the shift from table to table till empty. Not an 4* standard.

Positiv: There are a few smoking rooms available.

Rooms are of a good size and with decent furniture.

The bed was very comfy.

Negative: Wifi costs 10 Euros for 24 hours. There is complimentary access in the lobby. It was not working when I needed it so I got a free voucher for use in my room.

Great hotel for an one night pre flight stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
DanielaOhman, Sales and marketing co-ordinator at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay!

We are happy to hear that you find the location to be convenient and our buffet to be extensive. Thank you also for your comments about our staff, your feedback about the breakfast staff will be taken up with the food and beverage department for review. We also appreciate your feedback about the internet and find this to be the best way to continue to improve our service.

Thank you for staying with us and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back another time!

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have stayed here several times whilst flying in and out of Vantaa.... and so have little no choice but to stay.

BUT - like every other top price place they CHARGE FOR WI-FI... why is this, why?

Do they charge for the use os hot water - No
Do they charge to watch TV - No
Do they rent me the sheets by the hour - No

.... so why do they charge me for this one utility?

I do not understand... the staff do not care... and shrug theiur shoulders.

Oh and a perfectly-ordinary-and-unspectacular breakfast is twenty five euros.... a rip off.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am sorry to hear that you do not feel that you are receiving value for your money in terms of internet and breakfast. Hilton Worldwide is reviewing the internet policy for futher improvements and your feedback about this is welcome. As for the breakfast, we do offer rates inclusive of breakfast and I hope you will benefit from this in the future when you need to stay close to the airport. We hope that your stay with us has otherwise been successful and that you will consider our hotel for your future stays.

We appreciate your choice to stay with us in the past and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton Helsinki Airport for the second time. For the cost (found specials both times in summer), and convenience, it can't be beat. Most comfortable bed, clean & fresh, modern decor, and it is quiet. Only issues here are that I found wireless Internet to be weak in the room, making it frustrating to do any serious work. Also, the breakfast is one size fits all and is grossly overpriced even for continental breakfast. Same experience a year ago, so I guess the pricing model works for them, but not me. I opted instead to eat at the airport and use the Internet there. I used the FInnair lounge (free as a frequent business traveller) for both, but the airport coffee shop and eatery was 1/4 the price of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

We are pleased to hear that your stay was successful for the most part. My apologies, however, for the inconvenience caused by the poorly functioning internet connection. We appreciate your feedback on this so that we can better monitor it. We do offer rates which are inclusive of breakfast to better serve our guest's different needs and I hope that this is something that will benefit you in the future.

We appreciate you staying with us for a second time and we do hope you will consider our hotel also for your next stay!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I echo other recent reviews. All I want from an airport hotel is that it is very easy to get there (i.e. you can walk with your luggage trolley/ suitcase from the arrivals hall) and it is clean, quiet and safe!The Hilton Helsinki Airport hotel fulfills all these criteria. Rooms are quite small but well designed, as are the bathrooms. The breakfast was included in our room rate and better than the offering at Helsinki's 5 star Kamp hotel! Service was warm, interested and friendly - well done Hilton!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review here in TripAdvisor and for chosing our hotel when staying in Finland!

We are very pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We are particularly pleased with your comments about our breakfast and the service, two very important aspects of a hotel stay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back on another occasion!

Daniela Öhman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vantaa
GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa
#6 of 10 in Vantaa
Hilton Helsinki Strand
Hilton Helsinki Strand
#7 of 66 in Helsinki

Been to Hilton Helsinki Airport? Share your experiences!