“Largely a pretentious businessman's hotel.”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

By the high percentage of great reviews; you'd think this was a top Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton.
Take it from me- it's not.
The huge, blindingly white lobby - does make a garish statement.
Design tastes aside; there are clearly two tiers of guests here.
1) The corporate business traveller and upper level flight crews... Desireable, & to be doted on.
2) Everyone else.
The front desk crew, {incl. telephone service operator} were unjustifiably rude and arrogant.
Of course, once I fielded noise complaints- their attitude worsened considerably {only male staff dealt with my complaint}.
I changed rooms, because they didn't want to ask the loud man next door- to quiet down.
According to hotels.com; this Hilton of Vantaa has "soundproofed rooms."
The TRUE description, should state clearly, the rooms include "insulated windows".
The windows DO effectively block out airplane noise.
That being said, room doors have no buffering; thus slam loudly. Not only that- but the room doors' shutting loudly, reverberates around the walls of the room. This, of course, continues at all hours.
Similarly, if your neighbor/s choose to be recklessly noisy- the walls block out precious little.
The ventilation fan helps a tad.
As for other comfort issues, the rooms are on the small side.
Maybe if you sleep most nights on an average ship or train cabin- you'd find rooms here sizeable.
But I do not.
If you're a besuited corporate executive, who's a deep sleeper, with deep pockets; coming for a business conference- perhaps the Hilton Vantaa is built for you.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank xerophytic
Jesse K, Manager at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate higly your feedback. It is heartbreaking to hear that your visit didn´t go as smoothly as possible because of the noise in the room. Our rooms are sound proof blocking any noise coming outside the airport. It is unfortunate that the rooms didn´t satisfy your expectations. We hope you still got to enjoy your time in the hotel.

I wish you a nice winter time and merry christmas!
Jesse K
Front Desk Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Helsinki Airport

999 - 1,005 of 2,027 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Thisnis a nice hotel, clean rooms, food is great. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is very good, walking distance from airport. Room and food prices are bit high compared to other airport hotels near by.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Satu K, Guest Services at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review and kind words towards our services. We value your effort to write about your experience in our hotel. I wish you the best of rest of the year and welcome back!
Best regards,
Guest service agent

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am traveling to London from Finland, so I said "Lets have a break at the Hilton Airport hotel in Helsinki". And that was an excellent idea. Amazing rooms, excellent service and as far as the dinner was concerned.... a delicious lettuce soup, creamy and so magnificent. And then, an excellent pasta dish, with mushrooms and nuts.... yummy!!!! Do not miss! And excellent sleep experience. No, really, do not miss on that one!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Iosonas,

Thank you for sharing your experience, how nice to hear about your great stay! I´ll forward your message to our restaurant, they will appreciate your compliments highly. I wish you the best and I hope we will see you again in the future.
Satu K.
Guest Service agent

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a modern and very good Hotel in Vantaa, walking distance from the Airport. Hotel is modern, comfortable, executive rooms are spacious and well equiped. Executive Floor has a nice Lounge with complimentary dinner in the evening and complimentary drinks until late in the night. Hotel staff is nice, the bar in the lobby is very nice with several drinks available, but a little bit expensive, like everything in Helsinki. THe Sauna and gym are in the basement and they are OK, as per the Hilton standards. Breakfast is huge, well organized and with excellent quality and variety of food. Wifi is stable and very fast throughout the building. I would recomend this Hotel for a business trip in Vantaa or for a overnight stay before an early flight. This Hotel can be expensive: take an advance purchase for the executive floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Satu K, Guest services at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Francesco,

It was nice to hear about your experience while staying with us. Thank you for rating our services highly. I am glad to hear that everything went well and you enjoyed our executive lounge also.
I wish you the best of winter and welcome back in the future.
Guest Services

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room I stayed in was excellent; I upgraded for a small charge and got a personal sauna in the bathroom (I am not sure if these are in standard rooms too). The room was immaculately clean and very well-appointed. Amazingly (to me) I got a smoking room which was a real luxury for me (there are lots of non-smoking rooms!). The staff on reception were extremely friendly and very helpful, especially in the matter of obtaining wi-fi. I am unable to give a 5* rating however due to my experience in the restaurant. Although the food was very good (especially the reindeer - a first for me) if expensive, the service was excruciatingly slow. I do not know if I just hit two bad nights but when one is exhausted from a long day's travel the last thing wanted is very slow service in the restaurant. Unfortunately there are no viable alternatives nearby as far as I could tell. It might be better to have room service despite the price.

Room Tip: Try and get one with your own sauna if you would enjoy that! Also ask for a smoking room (if you are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Satu K, Guest Service at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Milordbyron,

Thank you for making an extra effort to share some experiences from your stay with us. I´m very happy to hear everything went extremely well with you and you even got to experience our guest room plus which includes sauna.
However it is disappointing to hear that there were some troubles in the restaurant service. Some nights it can get very crowded in the restaurant unfortunately. As you have noticed, there aren´t any other restaurants in the area unfortunately so our restaurant service is highly wanted.
I have forwarded your message to our restaurant manager Juha Martikainen so we can react with necessery acts. I hope we will see you next time and then, we will make a table reservation for you before the evening.

Guest services, front desk

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Excellent room and very comfy bed. Love the bathroom. very modern and up to date.
Very nice breakfast.
My only complaint is the price for internett - 10 euros pr. day!
Should be free all over the hotel like almost everywhere you go nowadays.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Satu K, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear your visit went well and thank you for taking the time to review our services. I hope you got the change to use our free wireless network at the lobby area at least. I hope we´ll see you again in the future and have a great winter!

Best regards,
Guest Service, Front Desk

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Time: Stayed at hotel for one night Oct 2013
Company: With family

Location: Very close to airport. Accessible through a covered walkway- well sign posted from arrivals and took less than five minutes. Ideal for early flights/ late stoppovers. In order to travel to Helsinki city centre- take bus 615 from bus stand 21 Terminal 2. Journey took around forty minutes. Handy to obtain a day pass (one adult region for 12 euros) as can take the ferry to Suomelina on the same day if wishes. Day passes also valid for tram and metro.

Room: Twin beds. Very comfortable, modern décor, spotlessly clean and spacious. Faced onto some buildings. Soundproofed zero noise. Downside was the room thermostat setting was fixed- far too high at 21 degrees!! We were unable to alter it much.

Food: Booked to have breakfast. Excellent choice- cereals, pastries, juices, hot buffet (tasty sausages!), tea/coffee. Spacious and pleasant dining room.

Staff: Efficient, friendly, welcoming. Mia was particularly kind in printing out instructions to get to our next hotel in Helsinki centre (which coincidentally was Helsinki Hilton Strand)

Price: Hilton is Hilton. It is not cheap! But the quality at this hotel was excellent.

I would highly recommend this hotel. It would be a more preferable business venue/stopover spot as opposed to a place to stay to visit Helsinki city as Vantaa is quite a distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cara L

Dear Cara,

Thank you for your outstanding review, I truly appreciate your time and effort to write about your stay. We are extremely happy to hear everything went well and you were satisfied on our services. Speciall thanks for mentioning our staff member Mia, she does an excellent job everyday making sure our customers enjoy their stay. I will let her know about your kind words.

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to welcome you back and I wish you the best of fall.

Satu K.
Front Desk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vantaa
GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa
#6 of 10 in Vantaa
Hilton Helsinki Strand
Hilton Helsinki Strand
#7 of 66 in Helsinki

Been to Hilton Helsinki Airport? Share your experiences!