“Great upgrade”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Steyning
“Great upgrade”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

After an unusual booking glitch, I was upgraded to a junior suite - unexpected and appreciated. The suite was very comfortable but the personal sauna has to be done. Bed comfortable and good nights rest. Much easier than struggling into town after an evening flight

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Satu K, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your high review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the upgrade. I hope we´ll meet you again in the future. Have a great Christmas and welcome back in next year 2014!
Satu K, Guest service agent, front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Service lacks. Phone not answered from room unless the staff want to. Easy chair hard as a rock. No ventilation in rooms. Stuffy. Hotel is clearly exploiting airport location but does not have attention to detail for the world traveller. I won't stay here again. Probably better hotels just nearby.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Zapoko,

I am truly sorry to hear that everything didn´t go as well as it should. I´m glad you took the extra time to tell us about it. We have been nearly everyday fully booked in the past weeks and this causes some delays for example in our phones. This said, our highest priority is always to make sure our customers enjoy their time and that the customer is served also through phone as soon as possible. I truly hope you would give us another chance to convince for our high service. I wish you a nice Christmas and happy New Year!
Satu K, guest service agent, front desk
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Arrived late in the evening. The Hotel is situated right at exit 2B on Helsinki arirport. There was some queue in the reseption due to many customers arriving from same flight, but the receptionist was polite and nice. The room was modern, tidy and a good sice, even though I had ordered the smallest. The breakfast was very good. The only down side is that I had to pay extra for internett. I find it strange that this is not included at Hilton hotels in 2013. Especially at an airport hotel where you would suspect that a lot of the travellers need to work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Alexnder,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services, it sounds you had a great time with us. Thank you for noticing our good service at the front desk as well as our specious rooms. I hope you got the chance to use our free wlan in the lobby area. I hope we will see you again next time and I also wish you the best of holidays!
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have already reviewed this hotel earlier.
This week stayed twice overnight before an early flight to Vienna and  back. I confirm my previous review, because i was again quite satisfied with my choice. Bright, quiet and clean room, comfortable beds, tea station, prompt and efficient check-in and check-out. I was surprised to find out that some other guests found the service unfriendly, which i completely disagree with. However, for 139 euro (double room excluding breakfast) and 149 euro (breakfast included) I would expect them to start finally offering free Wifi in the rooms. By the way, the breakfast was sufficiently good, but could have been slightly better in terms of variety and quality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Elena,

Nice to hear from you again :) and thank you once again for the amazing review! I appreciate that you took the time to tell something about the stay, it`s always valuable to us. I hope you have a nice Christmas and a happy New Year.
Satu K, Guest service agent, Front Desk
Sacramento
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a great hotel. It is about a 4 minute walk from the door of the airport to the hotel, and about the same to the bus stop to the train station. The hotel itself is gorgeous, very well-run, and so quiet that I forgot that I was at the airport. The facilities are nice, breakfast is lovely, and the sauna was just what I needed to welcome me to Finland. The other thing that I really liked was the shampoo, which was so fragrant that I need to find some in a store! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Satu K, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your outstanding review. We loved hearing about your great stay. I am especially happy to hear you enjoyed our sauna facilities. Thank you for recommending us for future reference. On behalf of the entire staff, I hope you have a happy Christmas and I hope we will see again!
Satu K, guest service agent, front desk
Pecenany, Trencin, Slovakia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

great rooms, bigger as You need, good launch on executive floor and internet on one password I believe 5? devices (don't remember exactly but was more then 3). reception personnel was prepared with most of my data (my first stay) check in very fast even when a cute in front of me and you notice everybody smiles at you a good welcome sign.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Miroslav Sagan,

Thank you for reviewing our services so higly. We appreciate your opinion and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Welcome back again and I hope you have a great Christmas!
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel as I had some work close to the airport and was here for 2 nights. Except for the fact that the hotel was modern and clean, everything else was pathetic. We came with 4 pieces of luggage, struggled to enter through their door because of the suitcases, and no one even moved to help us. Then upon check-in asked for complimentary upgrade, they said of course, you can pay 50 EUR per day? I asked if it could be complimentary, the lady says, "sorry, we are fully booked" Seriously? Then went upstairs to the room, only to find out that the internet is being charged separately even though website had mentioned free wifi in room. Next day after housekeeping got done with the room, I noticed they didn't leave more water bottles for us that were there the first day. The front desk said, "you don't get any complimentary water bottles, you are not a Hilton Member. If you got them before, it was a mistake" Who says that? Then the day we were checking out, they said you can check out till 2pm as our flight was at 530pm. We asked if we could stay till 230, they said "sure, 20EUR."

I travel A LOT and I can easily say one of the worst experiences I have had at any hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Harris K
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our services. I am sorry to hear everything didn´t go smoothly with your stay. We are sad to hear our service did not satisfy your needs. We have addressed your complaint with our staff members and duty manager to avoid any unconvenient experiences in the future.

The bottles of water in the room are placed in the rooms for our silver, gold and diamond members. The waters were left in the room after previous guest's stay. I am sorry for the confusion. Our check out time is at 12.00 pm. We offered you check out at 14.00 pm for free. Late check outs are based upon availability and on that day later than 14:00 check outs were charged from all guests.

I wish you the best of Christmas holidays and have a great New Year!