“Great hotel and good breakfast spread.”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
singapore
“Great hotel and good breakfast spread.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great hotel connected to the airport via sheltered walkway. I had a good night sleep on a long layover, absolute silence, doors and walls are thick. The breakfast spread was good , featuring smoked salmon, herring and some traditional Finnish food like porridge. Check-in was swift and i managed to store my luggage with the hotel. Special mention to the male counter staff, who allowed us to freshen up using the hotel spa facilities, prior to my long-haul flight home. Nice touch to end my trip !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Satu J, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Guest Pris4

Thank you for your review! How nice to hear that your stay here was comfortable and you had a good night sleep during your layover stay. I will also pass your regards to our breakfast team. I warmly welcome you back to our hotel.

Satu/Guest Service Agent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hotel is conveniently located at Helsinki Vantaa Airport, however city center can be reached by a direct bus. Public transport bus nos. 615 / 620 or Finnair bus can be used to reach the city center. Terminal - 2 bus stop is just 5 minutes from the hotel and a covered walkway is very useful during the bad weather. Hotel allows pets and during our stay hotel was filled with participants of an international dog exhibition which created lot of inconvenience to the normal guests. Wi Fi is free only in the public areas and EUR 10 is charged per day for using the Wi Fi in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear guest,

I am glad you took the time to write this review. I hope you enjoyed staying with us, here at the Hilton Helsinki Airport.

However let me apologize the unconvenient experience you had during the stay. We could have organized some things better in the hotel at that time. I appreciate that you mentioned about it and I will address the issue with our managers.

I hope you would enjoy our hospitality next time also when visiting Finland.

Warmly welcomes,
Satu-Guest Service Agent-Front Office
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My mother and I stayed here in late July. We had an early flight in the morning and it seemed like a logical location. It took us about 15 mins to walk to Terminal 2 and we were able to check in the evening before and by-pass the morning check-in traffic.

We really didn't take advantage of any of the amenities so I can't speak to those. But the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I am a very light sleeper and found that I didn't need to use my ear plugs to ensure a good night's sleep.

Free Wifi is available in the lobby and for a cost in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Satu J, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest travellingteachers

How nice to hear about your stay here with us. I am so happy to hear that your stay here was convenient and the comfortable beds and soundproof guaranteed you a good night's sleep. Hopefully next time you will have more time to enjoy other services and amenities also. We warmly welcome you back to Hilton Helsinki Airport hotel!

Sydney
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed for just one night due to crazy flight scheduling, and wasn't expecting anything more than the Hilton standard offering. But I found my overnight stay to be excellent. Checkin and checkout were swift and efficient (important at airport hotels) and staff were particularly welcoming and pleasant.

My room was great, with a comfortable bed, the usual amenities and very good quality blackout curtains (again important at airport hotels).

I liked the hotel, and would certainly stay again if passing through Helsinki.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest KathSydney

Thank you for taking time to tell about your stay here with us. How nice to hear that you were pleasantly surprised while staying with us. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide everything needed for an overnight stay between long flights. I hope you will choose our hotel again when staying in Helsinki Airport next time.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is of high standard with average service. Generally the hotel is what you would expect from a hotel in this category and price range but the service needs to improve.

However the restaurant is part of the hotel and it is not up to standard and the reason I have not given it a better rating.

I have been here multiple times and the personnel at the restaurant and bar change every time. While friendly it seems lost not professional and in control.

It has taken me 15 minutes to be seated in a mostly empty restaurant. Beer poured in my glass so it had to fingers of beer and the rest was foam and handed over as if nothing.

Waited 45 minutes for a steak without any of the personnel finding it strange and coming over to inquire about it. This is a restaurant with a head waiter.

Difficult to get the attention of the personnel. Service swings. Might or might not get bread and butter. Time between finishing something and getting the next part of the order, asking for coffee or the bill is a random wait.

Room Tip: Wifi is poor in the rooms I have stayed in.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Satu J, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear Guest Luis M

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that your stay here with us didn't met your expectations. I have passed your regards to our Restaurant Manager and he will discuss this matter with our staff. I would like to apologize that we were not able to offer you the kind of service we should have. I hope you will anyway choose our hotel again and give us another chance to improve your restaurant experience. I would like to once more thank you for your feedback. All feedback is very important for us in order to provide high quality service to our customers. We warmly welcome you back!

Helsinki
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel in July due to an early flight next morning. For some reason I had no expectations what so ever towards the hotel. I was very positively suprised as the hotel was great! Why haven´t I stayed there before?! The lobby was very stylish, clean, clear space with nice decor. The front office staff was really professional and helpfull. The hotel is situated right next to the airport. We walked to the Terminal 2 in less than 10 minutes. Terminal 1 is even closer.

We had a room at the executive floor and had the chance to visit the executive lounge. We checked in in the evening, so we had a nice evening snack at the lounge. Food is available until 8pm and drinks until 10pm. There was nice collection of cheese, some warm foods (small pizzas and something that looked like some kind of curry(?)), salads, snacks, chocolate...and an open bar. It was a nice and peacefull place to enjoy some food and drinks and read the newspapers.

Our room was great as well. We had the king bed executive room. The bathroom was huge and clean. We had a nice view towards the airport and runway, but still we didn´t hear any sounds from the airport. Very good soundproof! The bed was comfy. The only minus was that it was really hot in the room and I couldn´t find any guide how to operate the air-conditioning. For sure I could have called the front desk, but was too lazy to do that :)

The breakfast was great! Unfortunately we were a bit in a hurry, because of our early flight, and didn´t have much time to enjoy the breakfast. However, there was plenty of fresh choices to chooce from and hopefully I´ll get to go there an other time to enjoy the breakfast with time.

All in all, I can highly recommend Hilton Helsinki Airport for everyone! Very practical if you have an early flight or late arrival or if you just like to stay in a nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Elizabe

Thank you so much for your great review! How nice to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and you were positively surprised when staying with us. I certainly hope too that you return to our hotel and will get a chance to properly enjoy our breakfast. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits when staying in Executive room and you consider our rooms clean and soundproof. I am happy to tell you that we will get the instructions how to use the air conditioning soon in to every room. And of course you are always welcome to call to the reception if there is anything we can help you with. We warmly welcome you back!

Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is very nice with spacious modern rooms.
The breakfast was ok, but i've had better.
Very limited bread choice.
Bathroom was modern with the typical Finish 'shower' next to the toilet. I'm still wondering how they use that ;-)
When you book this hotel, make sure you check the specials. It saved me €70 for one night, breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest Robby V

How nice to hear about your stay in our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It is also so nice to hear that you consider our rooms modern and spacious. Though I am sorry to hear that our breakfast didn't quite met your expectations. I will pass your feedback to our restaurant manager and hopefully next time we are able to make your breakfast experience better. Thank you for your feedback and welcome back!