The lakeside setting with beautiful views over Lake Orta overrides and helps to overcome this hotel's shortcomings. As other reviewers have already said you MUST get a room with a lake view. Lake Orta is tranquil and beautiful with constantly changing moods and colours. You could sit and look at it's beauty all day!
The staff are lovely! Obviously a family run hotel the staff like to look after their guests. A little cliquey at times when obviously regular guests were gushed over in favour of quieter less known guests. Good for business definitely but made one or two guests feel a little uncomfortable at times. That said, this is what makes this hotel what it is. Family friendly but couples too - old and young.
Food - excellent and served either indoors or al fresco in what has to be one of the most beautiful restaurants ever. All seats with that fabulous view!!! Good buffet breakfast, good variety if choice. Relaxed atmosphere. Service for all meals breakfast, lunch and diner was very very good from very hard working staff who put in very long hours.
While we were staying we had the most violent storm during the night and the following day the pool was wrecked - full of debris washed down from the hillside and road. It looked disgusting! In 2 days it had been drained, cleaned and restored to its pristine best. A testament again to their dedication and hard work!
The down side was the room. Clean, air conditioned and a very comfortable bed. However, the bathroom needs up grading - especially the shower. This was an old fashioned hand help shower head which could be lodged in a holder. The water pressure was very poor and on our last day virtually non existant! Also there are sound proofing issues. We were in 149 which had a door to the adjoining room - locked of course, but every sound could be heard from next door and no doubt visa versa! Not good!
Overall I would recommend the hotel and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The three star superior Hotel Giardinetto has been within the Primatesta family since Luciano Primatesta founded it as an Inn in 1930. Its continuous evolution has made it a point of reference for the hospitality industry on Lake Orta, as well as further afield. The hotel lies directly on the beautiful shores of the romantic lake in an oasis of nature, it's the ideal destination for relaxation and enjoying the surroundings. It has all the standards of a modern hotel, but with its own charm, a breathtakingly view and the thoroughly romantic environment of the lake. The hotel has very comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool (for those who don't wish to swim in the lake) along with a little private beach. The restaurant with its unique terraces directly on the water, has become famous for its regional and creative cuisine as well as for its wine cellar with over 450 Italian, French and International labels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Ristorante Giardinetto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ristorante Giardinetto Hotel
- Ristorante Giardinetto Pettenasco