“Wonderful week of skiing!”
Review of Hovden Alpinsenter

Hovden Alpinsenter
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Hovden
More attraction details
Owner description: The chairlift to the summit Nos has been in operation since 1968. Today, the Hovden Ski Centre is a modern and well adapted facility for the whole family. The children's area "Tusseland" has become an eldorado for our youngest guests; and the terrain park "Bukkerittet" is more spectacular than ever! The Hovden Ski Centre has slopes for every skill level, and some of them are floodlit during evening skiing. Our service building has ski rental facilities and a ski repair shop, cafe, cafeteria, after-ski and bistro. Hovden offers a total of 34,2 kilometres of groomed descent, a vertical drop of 420 metres, two 4-seat express lifts, five ski tows and one 2-seat lift. The capacity is 9000 persons per hour.
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We came here for the first time last week. We skied here for 5 days in a row. Wow. What a place! Very affordable for such a beautiful ski experience! I was a first time skier, as were my children, so we stayed on the first 2 green slopes. They were perfect for us. My husband hasn't skied in 20 years, but he quickly found his legs again and he made it up to the blacks! The view was amazing! Very affordable pricing for their ski packages, ski rentals, etc. The cafe was affordable as well. The only complaint is that the cafe is VERY picky about who sits there to eat. If you buy a "meal" they will let you sit and eat. But if you just buy hot chocolate and a candy bar, etc. they will kick you out! I can understand this if it was majorly busy....but during the time we were there (off season - week before winter break) there were many tables available and they still kicked us out. Other than that, very good experience!

Reviewed 30 December 2012

It was something that I never show before in my life. I was living in a wooden cottage and outside was a river frozen I think it was -29 or something and at midnight it was still lkind of light and I could see everything. I show a white wild rabbit and a deer. Fantastic feeling. Next day we went to a water park inside, very nice, and also they had a swimming pool outdoors with warm water and all around the swimming pool was 10cm snow. Unique expiriance for me. I will never forget.

1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We went in summer, not winter, but who cares, it is a fantastic area to be in at any time of the year. We did several relatively easy walks. Everywhere we went the scenery was fabulous! The hotels, self-catering, shops, restaurants are excellent.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was in Hovden with the family including two small kids for a week.
The skicenter was OK for beginners, lighter experienced and children ... but if you are looking for more action on a pair of skies, then Hovden is too small. They had however a Snowboard park, that looked pretty cool.

We stayed in a traditional wooden house, which is very cosy. Made dinner ourselves with food mainly brought with from home, as it's expensive to buy locally.

There is a waterpark in Hovden, which was great fun for the family, and a great break from skiing.

As our smallest kis was only 3 years old, the -23 degrees every morning was too cold, and she refused to be outside. That was not a part of the plan.
The oldest was 6 year and learned to ski there, and his skiing instructors was fantastic.

All in all; It's a great place for a family that was in a process of learning how to ski ... but dad would have appreciated a little more downhill action .. but that will be on another vacation.

1  Thank Stenhoej
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Visited Hovden and its Ski Centre for a week in Feb '11 and would definitely recommend it to averyone. I have never ski or snowboard before, but with help within 3 days I've managed to gain basic skills on the kids slope and went all the longest green slope from the top of the mountain. Rest of our group took advantage of night skiing which looked amazing too.
Absolutely stunning views from the top, friendly and helpful staff at Ski Centre ( without a problem replaced broken part of my snowboard), always chatty and smiling.
Definitely a great place I would recommend to all beginners as well as pros.

1  Thank Salque