“Good fjord view, friendly staff”

Eidfjord Fjell & Fjord Hotel
Hong Kong
“Good fjord view, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel is located on the slope of a small hill and it provides good fjord view of the Eidfjord.

The rooms are clean. The reception is helpful.

The area is quiet after the cruise boats have left. There is a path to the Viking graves, it is easy to walk in 2 hours and provide good fjord view at the look out near the end.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Borghild V, Owner at Eidfjord Fjell & Fjord Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you so much! You are always welcome back - and we will find more fore you to see and do! Have a Nice summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Ham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My first contact with this lovely hotel was when I was escaping a storm and I called in. I asked if I could use their wifi if I bought a coffee. The answer was no. But if I bought the wifi I could have as much coffee as I wanted.

They were friendly and interesting and as I sat in the lounge enjoying the views (and rainbows) they brought me a home made delicious cookie.

I will return and stay.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne S
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Exceptionally good place.Like at home but better. Great owner which makes the whole place very different from anything else we experienced in Norway. Agreat view of the area. great comfortable seating in lounge - designer done, with books, candles, great music, excellent view+playroom for kids+tables outside, a great place to be in any weather.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

It was a delight to walk through the Eidfjord hotel's doors after a long journey by road, to be greeted by a happy smiling Swedish born receptionist, we were quickly allocated our rooms & unloaded all our heavy baggage & equipment, as we were there to work.
Sorry to the wonderful owner, but I have to agree, it needs a major makeover especially in the Restaraunt that more likely resembles a works canteen, that may seem harsh criticism as I so enjoyed my stay here, but a very frank & honest observation and I would hasten to add a positive note to the affect that in no way would that pur me staying in just a warm & friendly hotel such as this.
The head Chef is from the Netherlands serves up some really nice food at the hot buffet, interestingly one morning whilst discussing favourite foods with the staff, I let on that my favourite food was Thai back in the UK, the very next night, one of the non kitchen workers (from Thailand) cooked us a fabulous special Thai meal, just for two of us, & apparently hovered nervously in the kitchen, watching to see if we approved... She hadn't needed to have worried, it was absolutely delicious!
A touch like that really makes a visit to this wonderful hotel ever so special!
I hope you try it too....

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Billyben7
Oslo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel on my recent trip to Eidfjord, we had room 108. The hotel is located in the center of Eidfjord short walk to everything. Vøringsfossen is located about 20km from the hotel.

The Staff was very service minded, the room was clean and had a great view of the fjord. The hotel is screaming for a serious rehab before it have the standards of a modern hotel. If you`re after high standards this hotel is not your choice. The tv didnt work. The dinner we had (lasagna) was not very good, it reminded me of the frozen cheap lasagna you find in your grocier. The breakfast was of a better standard and was a good start for the day.

We were a little disappointed, but i find it hard to rate this hotel, im a bit harsh in my rating giving it 2 stars. But we had a good night sleep, and the price wasn`t that bad, so if your on a budget it will do its work.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Haraldsenb
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We were met by a very nice and freindly girl in the reception.
Rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom might need a update, but it does what it is supposed to do. The views from the room is great! What better to wake up to!!
Dinner in the evening was a buffet, or you could order trout from the kitchen. Our table had 2 trouts, very very nice. I had the buffet and was pleased as well.
There is coffee and tea availiable for free in the reception at all times.
Outside the "glasroom" where we had our dinner there is a nice terrace. Here you can enjoy the last hour of daylight, seeing the colours of the sky change above the fjord and the mountains. Amazing!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We were a group of hikers. B0rghild the owner did everything to make us pleased. great view from the terrace, good food, selfmade lunchbox, free tea and coffee, free internet. Excellent place to stay. don't miss the climbing to Kjeasen Mmountainfarm.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Fossli Hotel
Fossli Hotel
#3 of 3 in Eidfjord Municipality
Store Ringheim Hotell og Restaurant
Store Ringheim Hotell og Restaur...
#1 of 7 in Voss Municipality
Finse 1222
Finse 1222
#1 of 1 in Finse

Been to Eidfjord Fjell & Fjord Hotel? Share your experiences!