“Scandic as you would expect it”
Review of Scandic Haugesund

Scandic Haugesund
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Haugesund
Reviewed 28 September 2013

If you frequently is staying at Scandic Hotels, Scandic Haugesund, will offer you no surprises, it is pretty much as you would expect it to be.
Location is excellent, you are just 100 m from the waterfront and all the restaurant down there.
If you arrive by car there is a cheaper public parking area, on the next corner.
Rooms have recently been renovated, and are very comfortable.
Breakfast is the normal standard from Scandic, with a good variety, however without beeing luxury.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Mathias M, Daglig leder at Scandic Haugesund, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear reviewer

Thank you for your feedback in regard too your stay.
We are happy too see that you find our rooms very comfortable.
We hope too see you soon and welcome back

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed there for one night and the place was very central and practical. Enjoyed it a lot. Will come back one day. For me it was very interesting to know that in my younger days 40 years ago I was buying vinyl records from the same location before the hotel arrived.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards too your stay.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
We wish you a big welcome back and hope too see you soon

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed 1 night and overall were pleased with the hotel. The room was quiet and comfortable, but there was no minibar / fridge in it. In the bathroom there was no hand-held shower (water coming only from the above jet) which was slightly annoying. The staff was friendly, although the waitress at the restaurant did not seem to understand Norwegian very well. We had dinner at the restaurant, but after ordering they told us that they were out of salmon which my husband had ordered. The gym, however, was really good and had nice equipment. There is a mini-shop in the reception with small but fairly good selection of snacks and toiletries etc. in case you forgot something home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Mathias M, Daglig leder at Scandic Haugesund, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback in regards too your stay.
We find it very nice too hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and you find our staff very freindly.
In regards to our restaurant we shall go through our routines.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope too see you soon

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I have just checked in for a Superior extra room - room 502..
As we arrived I went in to ask for the announced parking. The girl behind the desk denied that they had any parking and told us to go to the common parking lot or to find a space by the street.
As I went out to tell this to my husband, he immideately got very annoyed. We found the hotel broschure that rightly announced private parking. As we drove around the hotel we found the entrance to the basement with a big sign for parking. In the parking basement there was a secured entrance for the hotel with an elevator leading directly to the rooms. When arriving in the superior extra room it turned out to be a handicap room - OK, but not what we expected for their best room, even though the price was very good. Then, on the wall it was a sign (telling about the parking) encouraging us to enjoy their complementary bathrobes. There are no refrigerator in the room (a BIG dissapointment) and when I went down to buy something to drink I told the receptionist that we lacked bathrobes and she stated that she have doubet the existense of it at the hotel. A little while later though, it was brought up to us. The receptionist also denied the importance of telling about the parking basement, because, she said - this had nothing to do with the hotel so she had choosed not to tell us..
While I was standing at the reception I overheard one man checking out and telling that som fault at his room was never been fixed and another couple complained that their room was never been cleaned this day and that they had no toilettpaper. And this was at 17.30!!!
The room is big and bright. A nice corner room without refrigerator and with a shower curtain for a very nice price.
This is the first time I have ever made an review before the stay have ended, but I must say - this kind of service made us quite perplex. I think we will pass the next night and find somewhere else?? The review thus, do only comply to the first evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I am currently lying awake in my hotel bed in 4th floor, listening to the party/nightclub going on in the first floor of the hotel. It is now way past 1 a.m. Saturday morning and I would like to get some shuteye before a big day. Why was I not informed about this event taking place?

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I actually didn’t know about Scandic Hotel in the middle of the Haugesund town centre before a colleague of mine booked rooms for us there. I have stayed a couple of times in other Haugesund hotels, but the Scandic hotel might be the best.

First of all, if you arrive by car, parking is great. It might set you back 100 NOK/ day, but that’s Haugesund and parking in a nutshell.

The receptionists where friendly and smiling, couldn’t be better. The room was surprisingly fresh and funky. I expected boringness, but got the opposite. The room was comfy and cool. I didn’t experience anything negative about the room.

Breakfast next morning was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was my 4th stay at this hotel. Still the best hotel i Haugesund.
High standard rooms, great staff, and a good breakfast/restaurant.

This time it was a bit expensive. I had to pay 1800NOK for one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business