“Rolig natt”

Clarion Collection Hotel Amanda
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Haugesund
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had a silent Night in Haugesund. The Hotel is near the Smedasund and Haraldsgata (Shoppingstreet) and near the Privatsykehuset i Haugesund. I parked my Car in the Garage and eat my very good Lunch in Egon Restaurant in the same Building.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Reviewed 7 November 2013

There's something about Amanda; is it the location, which is great, or maybe it's the connection to the movies, and that some of the stars of today and yesterday has stayed there?
The rooms are hopelessly outdated, but relatively clean, and the bathroom in mine had been renovated, and was fine. The breakfast and the ( free) evening buffet was good, and the reception was friendly and efficient. There are hotels with better rooms in Haugesund, but probably not with better location and more history.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Realtravelasia
Malla H, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Amanda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am so happy to announce that we will now refurbishing all our rooms in December 2013. We have waited patiently, and now we finally start. Thank you for your feedback, and I can therefore tell that Hotel Amanda will bloom again :)

I hope to see you back soon, welcome back at any time!

Sincerely
Malla Holden

Reviewed 4 September 2013

A nice hotel and rooms with a view - if you get a room on the right side. I was put in a room in the back, looking at three fans and a roof. When I went back to the reception they were happy to change my room, but I wonder why they gave me that room in the first place.

Apart from that, the hotel has a good atmosphere, the staff is friendly and there is a free evening meal. The breakfast is ok, nothing extraordinary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the quay!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The first impression was of a well maintained, well presented and much cared for hotel. The second impression supported the first impression and things just improved. The room was spacious, clean and in our case a treat! We had a corner suite with views, a decent TV and a HUGE very comfortable bed. All the rooms are named after films which add a certain level of interest, whether you know the film or not. I would have loved to poke my head into all the rooms to see how they varied, but perhaps next time!
Included in the price is a delicious Norwegian style breakfast. I can recommend the home-made crispbread for instance. In the afternoon, waffles, soured cream (rømme) was served to stave off the afternoon hunger. (PS - the recipe was not quite right). This was followed by supper included in the price, which at times was excellent and on other days OK.
The underground garage is safe as houses and a bit of a challenge, but get there mid day and it is easy
Probably not the last time we visit :-)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elis T
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Pleasant location on the harbour and we had been allocated underground parking for our classic cars. We stayed in Casino Royale, a nice enough room with an unexciting outlook. It had disabled access and a large shower/wetroom. The staff were extremely helpful and charming. Breakfast was OK and the free 24 coffee and tea and the light evening buffet and afternoon tea were a nice touch. There was great emphasis on welcome and service. I celebrated my birthday while there and asked if I could have a drinks party - the Clarion in Bergen had rung ahead to arrange it for me and when I arrived I was shown a room which had lots of balloons as a table centre. I thought it had been left over from a previous event and didn't inspect it. It was only when the staff mentioned it that I realised it was a present for me, attached to a small bottle of wine with a birthday card. Nibbles were provided and the chef who was shorthanded was very apologetic about the need for us to serve our own fizz. We all had a very pleasant time. I was also very grateful to the hotel manager who, when we returned from a meal at the Italian restaurant just a few doors away, learned that I had been unable to download a document which was on my memory stick. The receptionist had already tried hard but the hotel's system was designed to prevent the introduction of unapproved material. The manager used his personal computer to download my document and printed it for me. It was an estimate for work on a house in France which I needed to approve by signing before posting it with a cheque to ensure the work would start at our chosen time. Staff helped with an envelope and a stamp and directed me to the post office the following morning and I was much relieved. They also provided me with a cinnamon bun with a candle on it at breakfast - my birthday was actually on that day which may have been given away by the hat decorated with candles which my friends insisted I wear! We left with a very high opinion of the staff who made every effort to make us feel at home. The manager also introduced us to the hotel's loyalty card.

Room Tip: If you want a view you should ask for one when booking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank XKSue
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A two-day stay at this greatly located hotel in Haugesund had my girlfriend and I deciding to revisit both Haugesund and the hotel again soon. The staff proved welcoming and friendly, service-minded and always smiling. We even had the Hotel-manager serving us at the front desk! From the receptionist at the front desk to the kitchen staff cleaning tables in the dining area, everyone shared a smile and a polite greeting. The hotel provided parking for our car in their cellular parking area which made it easy to access the car when needed, and only a short walk to the check-in with our luggage. The hotel has a newly renovated part, which we were lucky to stay in. A large modern room overlooking the inner pier and seaway passing underneath the Risoey bridge. The bed were immensely comfortable, the room smart and modern equipped with a large bath with both a tub and shower. (The hotels' older rooms certainly deserve having the older rooms refurbished to the standard we experienced.) The evening meal included in the room fee, was a full warm meal with optional choices and even dessert. The atmosphere at the hotel was impeccable; calm, relaxing and inviting. Enjoying a glass of wine at the roofed outside area during the evening, watching the city life after the evening meal, is a great starting point for a night out or a walk in the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ttorable
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend with the family. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a nice movie themed room on the 5th floor.
The included breakfast was very nice, with a good selection of everything you'd desire in the morning. Also had umbrellas for borrow during the occasional rainfall.

Room Tip: Movie themed ones on the 5th floor were very nice! Inwards facing rooms were nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family