“Fair nights sleep” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Haugesund
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Fair nights sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stopped for two nights in march for a business trip. Rooms nice, clean and comfortable but not for the claustrophobic. In general the staff were friendly and helpful but did not have an adapter when I asked, but to be fair this was my fault for forgetting mine, however in other hotels I have known them to hold a few just for such eventualities.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Perfetctly okay hotel, nice rooms, with a pretty good size for one person. Probably a bit narrow for two people in a standard DBL. VERY nice staff, and a good breakfast buffet. Good, quiet location. Nice exercise facilities.
My biggest issue with this hotel, is that I had to keep the water running for AT LEAST 5 minutes, before I got hot water in the shower! This was every day, for FOUR DAYS! The other people I was travelling with, experienced the same thing.
There was also a lot of dust in the room, especially on the hair dryer, for some reason..
I stayed on the 5th floor, wich has a lot of smoking rooms. For a non smoker, this was not very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a non smoking floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Oleanne S
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is a bit like an old lady... showing some wrinkles, but still going strong. I stayed at the hotel perhaps a dozen times. I especially like the friendly staff are.Central location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I really stayed here in june last year, but that option was not available for me to choose. I stayed her solo as I was attending a course in Haugesund. I stayed for 2 nights. The staff greated me very nicely and helped me any way they could. The room was clean and well kept, as was the rest of the hotel. And the beds were great, cant remember sleeping that well anywhere else. I had an excellent view to the water. The only downside I can think of is that it was quite som noise at night, but thtas what you get for a good location. You could see that the hotel kept the original style from when it was buildt, but I found that cozy. The breakfast was great and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: View to the water. 3rd floor or up.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Ostfold, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here one night because I had a one day treatment at the local hospital and it was very important to have a good night's sleep. Our room was separated from the lift by one room and still we could hear noise from the old-fashioned elevator. We checked in around 18:00 and could hear it would be a problem right away and called the front desk to change, but no other rooms were available. We were woken up several times until 12:30 and then again starting at 04:45. Breakfast was just ok. Our room faced a brick building which may have been a school. Location was good for us because it is close to the hospital.

Room Tip: several rooms away from lift, front of building
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2008

I was booked into this hotel when I was in town for a job interview. I really liked the hotel. The staff were so nice and the place had a great atmosphere.

I stayed in a single room on the top floor. The room had a great view of the main shopping street and down to the sea. The room could have been in better condition but it was clean and had everything I needed. They also provide (or provided at least) free wi-fi access.

As for location, the hotel is right in the middle of Haugesund so everything you could need is within a few minutes' walk.

I would recommend that anyone stays here although the other hotel in the chain (the Rica Marit) is right down on the water and looks really nice. My guess is that it's more expensive though.

• Liked — The staff and the view.
  • Disliked — The room could have been in better condition but this wouldn't put me off.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

We decided to book a deluxe-room at this hotel, and payed NOK 1.860 for one night. The deluxe-room was a huge room (altogether ca 50 sq.m.) with large windows, carpet on the floor, sofa and two chairs, conference-table for eight people and a desk. The bedroom was separated from the large room, but had no windows. It seems to me that this room normally is used in connection to the conference-section, which was very close to the room - e.g. for group-meetings. The luxury-part of the deluxe-room consisted of more space than in a ordinary room. We didn't sleep well, due to the lack of fresh air, and the heat of the bedroom (but the bed itself was good). The bathroom was nice-looking, but small. Luxury-part consisted of some vanity-stuff on the shelf. The shower seemed to have an annoying water-saving-device on it - something that shouldn't be necessary in this part of the world. The breakfast was good. All in all, a disappointing stay, mainly due to the lack of value for money. We had expected more for this price and for the luxury-tag they had put on the room - at least we would want a bedroom with a window or with air-conditioning.

• Liked — Good bed.
  • Disliked — Bedroom with no window, poor value for money.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ragnhild