I have spent only one night in Rica Airport hotel in Stavanger, so my opinion my not be backed up by a long stay experience, however :
The good :
1. location by the airport and close to the city. It might get a bit of noise from the airport, but not in the level that would disturb or cause any discomfort. Rooms are quite well noise-isolated.
2. staff and service - I was greeted with a big smile and friendly conversation and I felt really welcome. Check-in was fast and smooth, maybe 3 minutes in all, and I was on my way to my room. Check-out was equally smooth, fast and professional. I experienced the same type of friendly, warm welcome at the restaurant. Ladies working in there were very polite, attentive and professional, with real, not fake or trained smiles. I have been offered a recommendation and as a result I had on of the best lambs I have ever had. Really delicious. Compliments to the chef.
3. food - that deserves a separate point. Apart from delicious lamb or sola soup I had for dinner, I was recommended to take time for breakfast. I was told at check-in that the hotel was just awarded 3rd place for breakfast quality. Well, I would like to see the winner if what I got was 3rd place. Buffet-type breakfast with huge variety of nicely laid out food. All fresh, all delicious. If you have time - sit and enjoy. Bread was of particularly great quality and taste.
4. Rooms - there is enough space and they are clean, however, in the bathroom you might see some areas where paint job or cleaning could be applied. That would be my only remark, apart from too soft beds (sorry, I prefer hard ones). Furniture is modern, internet works fine and fast, there is also TV service and movie library to be used but I haven't tried it so ... no opinion.
I haven't found anything really to complain. If you are looking for a good quality hotel - look no more - chose this one and enjoy it, plus enjoy the food, as much as I enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scandic Stavanger Airport is conveniently located just steps from the arrival hall of the airport which gives it a unique location. The hotel is also just a short distance from the Solastranden beach, Sola Golf Club, Flyhistorisk Aviation museum, Sola Kulturhus cultural centre and the opportunity for outdoor activities all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Stavanger Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Stavanger Airport Norway