“the best option for Sola airport”

Scandic Stavanger Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is the only hotel actually at Stavanger Sola airport, despite what the names of some other hotels might imply. As such it does not really have any competition, and doesn't have to try very hard. But in fact it does indeed try hard, and is a very good place to stay for the night if you have a late arrival or early departure. For reference - the restaurant stays open until 23:00 to assist those late arrivers, and the breakfast on offer is excellent and well worth lingering over if your plane is quite about to depart.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Very close to the airport.
Slightly overpriced but all in all a good hotel. Great food in the resterant and good breakfast. However on this trip the breakfast was a bit cold. Had problems with the tv too, ended up just turning it off and going for a pint in the hotel bar.
Can be a bit of a rush, especially around 8pm. ( helicopter shuttle time) as many use this hotel for a quick stop over.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in two separate occasions. I chose this as I usually have a very early morning flight. Also I was told they have a fantastic breakfast. I have to say that is true. Prices in Norway are high, we all know that, so this hotel is no exception. But you get a new room, very quiet despite the airport nearby, and friendly staff, plus a friendly staff.

If I was to find a downside, it would be the fact there is nothing around the hotel in terms of amenities, such as other restaurants, etc. You can walk to the beach though, but again nothing is there.

I would certainly recommend this hotel if you have already stayed in Stavanger many times before and do not need to be downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is a short walk from the airport, so there is not much around the hotel itself. The staff were friendly and efficient. I wish I got his name but we were a large group and by the second night the bar tender had everyone's order down. The room is was slightly larger than other rooms I have stayed in Stavanger. I never could figure out how to work the TV. Despite being next to the airport I never heard the planes or helicopters while in the room. My only complaint was that the curtains were not blackout and with the endless sun it would have been nice.

The bathroom had great water pressure in a full shower with a full door. Tolietries included: shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion. Mini bar prices were reasonable. Breakfast was great! A huge variety and selection.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great if you going to fly the next day. Breakfast is amazing. And friendly staff. It is far from the center of stavanger. 400kr for taxi. Basicly ment for business trips. My favoritt before going offshore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I do not like the airport hotels, as they are overpriced, understaffed and unfriendly.

Not so here.
The room was expensive, but we are in Norway. I got a very friendly and quick check-in.
The sauna was put on immediately, so it would be ready for me 45 min later.

The waiter knew what he was doing, he was friendly and efficient. All the personnell in the restaurant kept an eye on all the customers, making the service very smooth. Food was good, not excellent but better than average.

The sauna was hot enough and large enough. I hope they will have replaced the broken bucket and ladle for the next time.

Talk about a small world. The very good greek bartender has a girlfriend in my home town. She even is my hairdresser. This small detail did not affect my overall rating of the hotel, but is here more as an anecdote.

We do not need to talk about the 4.oo false fire alarm, do we?

Breakfast was enormous. I counted 15 different nuts and dried fruit to go with about 6 müsli.
Do you need sweetener? We have 5 different homey and sugar here.
Smoothie anybody? We have three over there.

Took my food, soft boiled eggs etc, went to the table and said to myself: I bet there is some idiot who can find a reason to complain about the breakfast. And to my horror I was complaining to myself about the boiled egg not being hot as at home. Phew.

Check out was smooth, again very friendly and quick.

Will I go back? Definitely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We flew into Stavanger to attend a meeting here and stay over. The meeting facilities were great, the room i had on the 6th floor was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Despite being right on the airport perimeter it was very quiet.

The hotel is modern, the food is good and the breakfast was tremendous.

Check in was swift, check out was very efficient. The girls at reception were very helpful and true ambassadors of the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
#4 of 27 in Stavanger
Scandic Stavanger Forus
Scandic Stavanger Forus
#10 of 27 in Stavanger

Been to Scandic Stavanger Airport? Share your experiences!