All reviews stavanger airport an early flight scandic stavanger convenient location comfortable beds great hotel next morning recommend this hotel arrivals hall light sleeper reception area great breakfast short walk stayed here for one night huge choice covered walkway terminal building
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This is a modern hotel and it has got all you need when you are on the go. The rooms were clean and nice looking. The view from the top floor towards the runway was awsome. As a plane enthusiast I couldn't ask for a better room. Ice machine right outside of the room was also very nice. The room had a minibar.
Service was very good. Unfortunatly we missed the breakfast, so i can't really comment on that.
The airport is just 100-150 meters away. Also very good when traveling to and from Sola Airport

Room tip: Top floor in the corner towards the runway for those interested in aviation
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ScandicstvgAir, General Manager at Scandic Stavanger Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hi Andreas!
I am so glad to read about your stay with us. We have a amazing location to the airport, only 50 meters from the terminal. Hope you will reach our fantastic breakfast during your next stay.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Stayed a brief night as Norwegian (the airline) cancelled a flight and sent me to the wrong city. Was pleasantly surprised by arriving the Scandic as the design and atmosphere is very good.

The hotel is well equipped and offers a good range of services, and the staff is very helpful. The hotel is new and this is clearly visible in the facilities.

One minus for me was the room size which I found below expectation, including the bathroom. Apart from this I had no complaints.

I recommend this hotel for business stays as well as holiday stays, and upon air travel departure you're 1 minute away check in by walking.

Room tip: If you like airplanes ask for a room facing the airport.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ScandicstvgAir, General Manager at Scandic Stavanger Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Thank you for telling about your stay with us. I am glad you liked our service and our fantastic location to the airport. We have several room categories and it is possible to get the rooms bigger if you find your room to small.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

I looked for a hotel at the airport area as I needed only one night stay. There were three-four hotels around airport, but my decision was to go with Scandic Stavanger because it was located just in front of arrivales. Afterwards, I was glad that chose this hotel as the other airport hotels are not located so closely, and you can hardly walk there: they are pretty distant, situation on the road (nowadays there is a massive construction there), shuttle is not free.
So my summary - location is perfect, if you are looking to stay around airport. There was a very convenient bed, so good sleep is promised. Very clean, you have an iron in the room and there is an amazing breakfast in the morning.
If I go to Stavanger for the business, i will stay there again for sure.
For touristic purposes, it might be less convenient, as it is pretty distand from the city center. However, if you are planning to travel, you need to get arranged with the car in any way. Public transportation is not so well developed there in general.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ScandicstvgAir, General Manager at Scandic Stavanger Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you Angelica for your nice feedback on your stay with us at Scandic Stavanger Airport! The next time you stay with us I recommend you to rent our free bike and visit our beautifull beach and also cozy city centre, both of them only 10 minuttes away with the bike. Welcome back!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Comfortable room and bed for a good night sleep. This hotel is excellent located if you have an early departure from airport. You will also find breakfast available from around four in the morning! Coffemachines are located in the reception area and in the restaurant floor for those who need a wake up. The staff were very helpfull and friendly smiling in the reception and the restaurant. You had a feeling of warm welcome.

Room tip: Rooms facing away from airport arrival and departure area.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ScandicstvgAir, General Manager at Scandic Stavanger Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Thank you so much for your nice words on your stay with us. I enjoyed reading every word! Welcome back!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I think it is the most beauttyfull hotel in Stavanger area.
Great big lobby like luxury 5 star hotels.
The restaurant has something unique in the atmosphaire and the food as the breakfast was really nice.
Local transport is very comfortable when you need to go somewhere.
Sola beach is 5 minutes from the hotel.and you really cannot miss it.
My room.was more than good.Clean with nice bed and very fast wifi.
I will come again.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
ScandicstvgAir, General Manager at Scandic Stavanger Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

I loved reading every word you have written about your stay with us at Scandic Stavanger Airport! Welcome back!