Quality Hotel Sogndal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Best Western Laegreid Hotell(Sogndal Municipality)
  • Breakfast included
Sogn Fjordhytter(Western Norway)
Offerdal(Laerdal Municipality)
  • Restaurant
Norlandia Park Hotel(Sogndal Municipality)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness centre
Hofslund Fjord Hotel(Sogndal Municipality)
Eikum Hotel(Hafslo)
Sognefjord Hotel(Leikanger)
View Hotel
Torvis Hotel(Sogn og Fjordane)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hotelbreakfast buffet isfree coffeeliquid soapnice bathroomhang clotheslarge selectionroom doornice walking pathtop floorcentral locationthe busdouble roomfjordstreamminibargin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Me and my colleagues stayed at Quality in Sogndal for 2 nights and we had a fantastic stay! We selected this hotel because we have been there before and knows that none of the other hotels in Sogndal can compare with this! None of us was disappointed this time either:)) The staff is wonderfull from the the first seconds you step inside the door! You almost feel at home! We had ordinary rooms but they have nice beds, big bathroom, tv etc! GREAT! The breakfast is also verry good with a fine selection!
We were out all day this time but we tried the restaurant, Dr. Hagen in the night!
The food was verry good and the service from the girl working there was 10 out of 10!
Sogndal had a Tapas restaurant some years ago who was the best in town but sadly this is closed down... So Dr hagen has to be the best restaurant at present time!!
This hotel gives you a good time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Norwegianstyle
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 10 days, during a work period and had a great stay. The breakfast buffet had all you need and you could get free coffee and tea at all time, outside the resturant.

The room was fine with a comfy bed and good place for my luggage for a long stay.
Very good with serveral opportunitys for dining with three resturants. The staff was also professional and did what they could to make my stay comfortable.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank bemBergen
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Rude staff, dirty room, no pressure in the shower.
Breakfast was of poor quality .
Small window that provided no fresh air to the room.
Old and smal bathroom

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We decided to stay at the Quality Hotel Sogndal instead of other hotels because it advertised a sauna. It does have saunas for men and women, but they are tiny, plastic, old, and generally pretty gross looking. We also asked for a double bed, but instead got two singles pushed together. The room was decent with a nice view, but the couch was not very comfortable and the tv didn't work all that well. The free breakfast was good, with a decent selection, and the free coffee machine was nice. The service was a little bit strange--the desk clerk only answered our questions without volunteering more information (e.g. When we asked if there was a pool, the desk clerk simply said, "yes" without telling us how to find it). There was also no information whatsoever about Sogndal in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bergengirl
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Okay, so we didn't wake up to being gnawed on by rats and we weren't tortured or suffer dysentery. That is about the only positive thing I can say about this hotel.

Let's go by a point-by-point review, shall we?

1. The room itself was filthy. We had clean sheets, true, but the windows were dirty (as were the floors) and the room was dusty.

2. It was nearly 105 degrees F (40 deg C) in the room. I am really not exaggerating this point - it was a sauna in our room.

3. The one window that opened was 8 in by 3 ft, and opened a maximum of three inches at the bottom, providing zero ventilation. There was no air conditioning and no fans were available.

4. We spent most of the evening outside until we realized that we HAD to sleep. I slept (badly) and kept going to jump in the shower to cool off.

5. The parking lot isn't big enough to hold all of the patrons' cars, so we had to (illegally) park across the street.

I would have much rather spent the night in plein aire without a sleeping bag. It was a good 20 degrees cooler outside than it was in our room, as our room was full of windows, none of which opened. That makes it excellent to grab heat during the day, but impossible to release it at night.

We asked out of our room (or a refund, or a reduction in our rate), but were greeted with eye rolls from the moment we checked in. I have never dealt with such a rude staff in my life.

I should also explain that this was our honeymoon, and we let the hotel know when we made the reservation. They said they had no idea. My husband and I now quip, "We thought we'd be getting hot on our honeymoon, but didn't want it to be that way!" It'll be a good story eventually.

Thank goodness we only stayed there one night on our way up to Geiranger. It was a cesspool. I cannot say one nice thing about the hotel - they even charge for coffee at the 'free' breakfast! Ugh, it was horrible.

Beyond not recommending this hotel to anyone, I tell anyone who needs to stay in Sogndal to stay at any hotel EXCEPT the Quality Hotel Sogndal. It was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in my life - on par with the "House of Mold" that haunted a childhood trip to Disneyworld.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple