“Friendly service but you need to know your room location”

Clarion Collection Hotel Grand
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gjovik
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I traveled with her mother and sister on a trip through Norway. Stayed here for 2 nights while we did some family research day trips. We had 3 rooms and they all varied in size and furnishings so you probably want to see your room before you move in. The first night we hear a lot of music/bass in our room and realized in the morning that our room was above a disco/bar. We moved to the other side of the building for the 2nd night and didn't hear anything from our 2nd room. As long as you know your room location, I think this is a good place to stay and they had off street parking (for a fee) for our car which was a plus. Front desk were very accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't staying above the disco
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Clarion Collection Hotel Grand

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a good hotel very well located in Gjøvik. Short distant so both shopping and good restaurants. The breakfast was ok but slow refill and very hostile personel made a bad start to my day. Good coffe but dirty cups.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very good breakfast! There was a music festival just outside, close to our room, the first night, even though we asked for a quiet room, away from the street! And the air condition made a lot of noice! Forelse we had a large and clean room

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The breakfast is modest. Hotel really needs an upgrade. The furniture, and everything in the hotel seems outdated. The location is good considering the small town. The staff had troubles with speaking in English.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Massao. S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Meget bra teknisk service og romservice

Tips for writing a great review
Do ◾Describe the service you experienced
◾Tell us how you liked the room
◾Talk about the location & amenities
◾Say what you liked best & least

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The staff, the loaction, the breakfasts.. What really impressed and surprised me about this hotel was the friendly staff. I spent two nights at this hotel, and both morning, midday and night staff was superfriendly and helpful in all matters. I love it when nothing is a problem for the staff, and when they listen and help you. I was given helpful advice regarding where to go, what to see and where to eat, they posted my mail for me and came up to my room when I needed a pillow during the night. The breakfast lasts untill 11am, which in itself is big plus, at least for me. Surrounded by a restaurant (Egon) never makes a meal far away. The rooms are big enough, kind of English (with carpets everywhere), clean and simple. Art on the walls. Again, big thumbs up for warm and friendly staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at the Quality Hotel Grand May 7 and 8, 2011. It was absolutely perfect! I was alone, wandering around the area searching my family's Norwegian roots. My single room was lovely, on the top floor, very cozy with a double bed, nice tv, free wifi, big and clean bathroom. The view over the city and lake were lovely.
The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
I ate both evenings at the Egon restaurant in the hotel - being alone, I didn't really want to go out. Both meals were delicious.
I would definitely go back on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gjovik
Quality Hotel Strand Gjovik
#2 of 7 in Hamar
Scandic Victoria Lillehammer
Scandic Victoria Lillehammer
#8 of 8 in Lillehammer

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Grand? Share your experiences!