“Boring in summer!”
Review of Vestlia Resort

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Geilo
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel's main areas are reasonably nice. We were disappointed with our room. Bathrooms are small and our showerhead was broken. The bed was not very comfortable & the bedroom area was very small despite a larger separate lounge area that we didn't use.
Service at the front desk was very good although lacked in the restaurant.
Geilo itself could be missed during summer.
Overall an average stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Retired_at_30

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Firstly, we were surprised how helpful the staff were. Free transfers, fairly prompt service despite the hotel being very busy. The renovated room was lovely, clean, cosy and spacious. The food was delicious and well presented. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a summer getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Wrenhello
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I booked a couples package with 2 nights, champagne & fruit in the room upon arrival, all meals included, one SPA treatment, and full access to the SPA.

I was very happy with:
The hotel itself is very well decorated and gives a nice atmosphere. The SPA is not very big, but I love the atmosphere there, and the staff was very skilled and helpful. The dinner on our second evening was also very tasteful, and I would be happy to be served that again.

I was not so happy with:
Upon arrival, we recieved no information regarding the "package", like opening hours in the SPA, the restaurant, etc. When we checked in to the room, there was no fruit and champagne, so I had to ask for it. Also, we had upgraded to a suite in the SPA-wing, so I was surprised that there was only a small bathroom with a shower, and no complimentary products. When we tried to enter the SPA that same afternoon, it apparently closed at 3 pm that day, which I think is so early that you should provide some information on that when we are there on a 2 day SPA-trip. And finally, I had a fish soup for lunch on the second day which was described with several superlatives in the menu, and it was full of prawns and crayfish tails in brine, and the fish tasted like the one from yesterday's dinner. Not exactly top restaurant material.

All in all, it was ok, but I expect more when spending 11.000 NOK for two nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bente B
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I just recently stayed at Vestlia Resort for a weekend with my family, and it was great from the moment we checked in until we checked out.
Our hotel room was a spa suite, and it is one of the nicest I have ever seen in Norway, classy!
The food in the restaurant, always very good, both the buffet breakfast, lunch and especially the dinner. The quality of food is like any top restaurant in Oslo. The spa is top notch, the service top notch, and the situation next to the ski slop, top notch! One of the nights we stayed at the hotel there was a concert with some of Norways most known musicians, a pleasant surprise!
Only thing that is missing is a proper coffee machine in the restaurant. I want my cortado!

But, for sure we will back. For us, Vestlia is the ONLY hotel in Geilo for the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new spa wing
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lars B
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I know I have reviewed this hotel before, but I have been back during this winter and it is even better than before. the service, facilities and location are, as ever,amazing but since last winter the quality of the food has improved. I had the best steak I have eaten ever there, and the fish soup rivalled that offered by Lofeten in Oslo, which is praise indeed! I was also lucky enough to be staying there just before Christmas and sampled the Yule Bord, or Christmas buffet. It was delightful. If you are looking for a magical mountain retreat set in stunning, unspoilt surroundings yet which offers amazingly attentive service, and great facilities then Hotel Vestlia is for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Alistair P
Harald W, Public Relations Manager at Vestlia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Every day we do our outmost to meet the expectations of our guests, and beyond.

Welcome back to our hotel!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed at Vestlia for New Year's, from Dec. 30 - Jan. 4, 2012. There were four couples and two children, so we stayed at an apartment with four suites. Our room was great, only issue was that the bathroom was not heated. The living room was very spacious, with a small open kitchen, a very large dining table (for ten people), and a fireplace. On New Year's eve, we had an in apartment dinner catered by the hotel. The food and the service were fabulous. They also have a very good spa, with (sadly only one) jacuzzi and a larger pool. The hotel is a sky-in, sky-out place. We loved it!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mamaeganso

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel.
We hope you had a safe trip home and welcome back one day!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week in December 2010, and fell in love with it. From the old world mountain lodge style, to the ultra cool spa everything was from a fairy tale. The service was amazing - both in the hotel and the spa. I was the only guest for the first 5 nights but felt like one of their family. I returned for 2 nights in January and a week in March when the hotel was full. Although staff were busy they still made me feel special, even helping me with my beginner's Norwegian! The only downside was a change of chef meant that on my third trip the food wasn't quite as good, although still as good as any 4 **** hotel in the uk. The views are great, the rooms are great and the spa is out of this world.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Alistair P

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Our chefs are constantly striving to make the very best food, and are sent to training so that we can serve you the best food at all time.

Vestlia Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geilo
Dr. Holms Hotel
#3 of 13 in Geilo
Hotel Finse 1222
Hotel Finse 1222
#1 of 1 in Finse

Been to Vestlia Resort? Share your experiences!