“Warning- Bedbugs!”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gardermoen
Oslo, Norway
“Warning- Bedbugs!”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My wife got a rash after staying on this hotel during a seminar. We now have found out she was bitten by bedbugs staying at this hotel. Terrible!

In addition the service was miserable, untrained staff with a bad attitude.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 26 August 2011

... i ended up one night at this hotel and found out 2 things
1. when an air plane took off, it sounded like all the people flushed their toilets at the same time

2. the staff was really rude when i tried to get something to eat. Finally someone in the staff told me (with a very rude attitude) that i should pay in the bar for the buffet. I went paying and the buy behind the bar was occupied doing something. Finally he asked me what i wanted and i said buffet. He went back doing something else and i took out my credit card and held it between my fingers. I looked around in the restaurant and suddenly the guy just took the card out of my hand without saying anything. Maybe not a big deal but hey, he could ask me! I'm just one meter away from him. Then when i was to sign the payment, he almost threw the bill on me, pen and everything... what the !

Rude staff and bad food and noisy rooms is not worth the money!

I'd rather stay at any other of the airport hotels than here.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel across the street.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Gardermoen hotels

Karmsund
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Stayed here on a night between Saturday and Sunday after arriving back from Switzerland since there was no connecting flight from Oslo to my hometown on the west coast before the next day.

It is not in a walking distance from the airport, especially not when having heavy luggage including a couple of skies. But buses goes frequently and it takes 10 minutes or so. Don't remember how much I paid for the bus but somewhere between 60 and 80 NOK I suppose.

I chose this hotel due to getting a very good price; NOK 550 for a single room including breakfast. And in Norway that's a bargain.

Check in took some time because the receptionist also had responsibilty of the lobby bar and she was more interested in chatting with some people in the bar instead of checking me in. She was eventually ready to check me in but than she could not find my reservation in their system and claimed that I had not booked a room. I showed here my booking confirmation from hotels.com but she would not agree with me.

Finally she called upon a collegue and she found out of the problem within minutes (whatever it was).

The hotel looks quite nice and modern, and the room was ok as well. However the room was small. It was clean though and that matters more to me.

Tired after 7 days of skiing in Switzerland I went early to bed and had a nice sleep.

Went for breakfast around 9 AM and had a long breakfast. Breakfast was about as you would expect and good enough for me.

Checked out just before noon and tok the bus back to the airport.

Except for the minor hickups while checking in this hotel is ok for a one night stay, especially considering the good price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
London, England
Reviewed 22 October 2010

A clean, reasonably modern hotel conveniently located near the airport but I experienced two examples of poor service: there was only one waitress serving in the restaurant and so it was a long wait to get anything, and the internet was extremely slow in the room (and the IT support people don't work in the evenings!). This hotel is OK for the price but not great - and certainly not for the business traveller!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The Best Western Oslo Airport is a pretty straightforward airport hotel and a solid Best Western. This isn't a luxury establishment, and the rooms are a bit spartan, but it is closer to standards of North American middle-of the-road hotels.

But before I go into details, let me first let me put my review in context of my own background: I'm well-traveled, and I tend to review hotels based on North American standards (because, as we know, "3 stars" in Europe would often be a low "2 star" in North America or Australia/New Zealand). I just finished a rapid fire trip across Scandinavia and the Baltic that involved ten different hotels, so this review is also taken in context of other similar options in the region.

I arrived at the Best Western after a terrible experience checking into the hotel I had originally reserved for the night (which is a long story I won't get into here). For the Norway portion of my trip, I had rented a car and drove a lot --this particular night was the end of a 12+ hour driving day, and the next morning I was departing via Oslo Airport.

The hotel is located among all the other airport hotels, not quite in the airport but a short drive away. I had a car so the ample free parking was welcome. The lobby is nice; I arrived late so it was the small overnight staff. They were courteous and we found a room that was acceptable.

The room itself is a bit spartan, like many hotels in this region, and the bath --while clean-- follows suit with other area hotels in being extremely miserly with the number of towels provided. You get a lot more for your money in North America and Australia, but I'm not really going to blame that on this particular hotel. I had a good night's sleep.

The free breakfast buffet was actually quite good for the hotel, they featured excellent Scandinavian favorites (which I love). It was a pleasant surprise.

Overall, I'd say this is an above average airport hotel that offers a solid value.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BobakLives
Burien, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Free convenient parking. Friendly staff and nice rooms and excellent wifi. Good breakfast although understaffed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Sandefjord
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel prior to a business trip with my colleagues. Just what you need for a good night sleep before travelling.
Free parking just outside the hotel, free breakfast and a little tiny gym. We only paid 695 kr for a single room. The hotel is close to the runway, but no noise from the aircrafts.
We would stay there again, because of the good price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business