Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen
US$128
Agoda.com
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Oslo Airport(Gardermoen)(Great Value!)
US$108
Clarion Hotels
US$127
TripAdvisor
2,059 results
All reviewsan early flightbusiness classjunior suiteshort walkbusiness roomnext morningyour luggageterminal buildingconvenient locationmini barbreakfast buffetstayed one nightcovered walkwayconnecting flightfive minutesan overnight staynice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We (family of 2 adults & 3 kids) stayed here for two one night stays at the start and end of a ski trip to Norway.

The first challenge was finding a hotel in the airport area that could offer us interconnecting rooms to accommodate 5 and after a lot of digging, finally the Radisson said they could connect a suite to a regular room.

So arriving at 8pm, I expected to walk up to reception, hand over a credit card, get my keys and be in my room. Oh no, they had one agent working front desk, a queue of maybe 5 people wanting to check in and each transaction taking far too long. Seriously, I have bought a mortgage in less time than it was taking other guests to get their keys.

As the line crawled forward suddenly another guest just walked up to the front of the line, said something to the agent and the two of them disappeared. Evidently she was also acting as Bell Hop, he'd left bags with them so everything stopped while their only agent working check in went to do something else.

Eventually we got to the front of the line and up to the assigned rooms. The regular room was utterly worn out and certainly not what I expected from the best hotel at the airport. The connecting 'suite' was in far better condition, but was infact a bedroom with a partition at one end and a meeting table for six. So all we had was two double beds for the five of us.

I called reception - they were adamant that there was a sofabed in the "suite" - but eventually relented and shipped up a roll-away bed to the room.

It must have been an hour and a half after landing that we were in a position to start getting the kids to bed - so much for the convenience of the airport hotel.

The room was quiet, breakfast was good and check-out was swift, but the beaten-up state of one of the rooms and that ridiculous wait for check-in (which they blamed on it being 'the holidays') really did leave me wondering how aware Radisson as a whole is of the state of operations here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank swisstony123
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear swisstony123,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to connect with us and bring these issues to attention. We can fully understand your frustration with the long queue on check in and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have brought this concern to the attention of the management in order for them to address this directly with the team at the front desk. We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service during their stay and instances like yours should not happen.

If you consider coming back to us for future visits, please contact the hotel directly and refer to this reply. We are currently refurbishing our guest rooms and would be delighted to have you as a repeated guest and take good care of you.

Hans - Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 11 January 2014

If in transit, Radisson Blue Airport hotel is a great choice the rooms are large and quite recently refurbished and the location is only a couple of steps from the checkin counters. Only drawback is the restaurant the food is at top average which cannot be said about the bill.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our property.
We are happy to hear that you were happy with the hotel room and the location of the hotel.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the food and we regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We will pass your comments to the respective departments so they may address this issue.
We welcome you back to us on your next stop at Gardermoen.
Hans

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel and always found it to be perfect for a stopover at Oslo Airport. Great location across from the terminal (and Starbucks). The staff is well trained and efficient and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us!
It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel (and the close proximity to Starbucks).
We look forward to your next stay.
Hans

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The main asset of this airport hotel is its proximity to the airport, Short walk, partially covered walkway. But the hotel rooms show signs of wear and tear. You get a good nights sleep and an above average breakfast buffet according to Norwegian standards. I stayed there twice in November 2013. The first time it was impossible to regulate the temperature in the room. It was freezing cold. I went down to the reception to tell about it, and i was given another room. There the temperature control worked, but some light bulbs did not work so it was very dark. Then I was too tired to visit the reception again or phone the service telephone to tell about another thing that did not work in this rather pricey hotel. The next time I stayed there, yes, again there were some lightbulbs that did not work, so the room was exceptionally dark. I learned that you should be patient when trying to switch on the lights and try different possibilities. But still then the lights did not work. Since I would catch an early morning plane, I slept and did not have to work and be dependent on the light. These malfunctions of room may seem like details, but I came across them on two occasions in three different rooms. There seems to be a lack of maintenance service or something. The high price you pay to stay there is because of the proximity to the airport. It is not worth the price when it comes to room interiors with tear and wear and different malfunctions. Maybe it was purely coincidental and I was being particularly unlucky with technicalities. But I see from other reviews that such things have been outlined. Otherwise, helpful and welcoming staff, good sleeping quality, ok bath room and average good food. I will also give credits to the hotel for providing complimentary Wi-Fi. But the main and foremost advantage of this hotel is its location.You cannot beat that, almost anywhere in the world, maybe.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AgS984
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are sorry to read that you faced these challenges with your guest room. These malfunctions are of course important details that should be in perfect order. We will therefore discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for the technical department.
If you will stay with us in the future, I also recommend you contacting us in advance as we continuously refurbish guest rooms and can make sure that you will get to experience one of our newly stylish guest rooms.

Hans, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times before. This time I stayed from the 20th to the 21st of December last year. The stay as such was ok. But upon check-in in the eveneing there was a long line of guest waiting with what seesmed to be a shortage of staff. One male receptionist was obviously talking privately on his mobile phone in front of the guests, laughing and he mentioned that he would call back the other person back again tomorrow, but before the other person on the line would start drinking, he said.He then smiled briefly and said he would help the guests. Gests were waiting patiently. Then he opened his counter, but seemed tired, impatient and impolite to guests that he helped check in. I felt it made a bad impression. I was treated well by my smiling, pleasant female receptionist. I enjoyed the stay and the breakfast buffet. Check out was smooth and pleasant. All in all I enjoyed the stay, but felt the atmosphere of the check in a bit down because of the incident when I was checking in.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in a quiet room away from the bar and restaurant area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank A S
HansFretheim, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo Gardermoen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.
We apologize for the disappointing service that you observed from our staff. A slow check in can be very frustrating. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service however, we are dependent on guests feedback to ensure that we fulfill our standards.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Airport Hotel.