“Great spa experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Farris Bad Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Larvik
“Great spa experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I can really recommend this spa hotel. A great spa experience, great facilities and additional good spa programs included in the price. I really enjoyed the spa aufguss and sauna with a sea horizon view. Delicate rooms and great service. They can improve slightly on the evening restaurant and food, but overall a great hotel experience!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Line V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Vollen, Norge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I can really recommend this hotel. A beautiful beach location and breathtaking views towards Skagerrak. Great location with inspiring art on the walls. Scandinavia's largest spa facilities which were very comprehensive and professionally. The Heyerdahl suite was fantastic, and all the staff was incredibly nice and professional

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MayBrittBjerke
Kjopsvik, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have used this hotel twise. The first time I was on business, and the hotel har special rates for the company I was visiting then. My room then was a very good room, but the suite is even better. As expected. The second time I got the "Larvikitt Suite". It was a bit "well used", but still exclusive and nice. The spa area was very nice and clean. The spa closed a bit to early I think. The prices is a bit high I think. I was not able to get massage, so this probably have to be ordered in advance, before you arrive at the hotel. But it was a very nice stay. I really want to go back there soon.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Johnreewes
Europe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My fiance booked us a weekend here and I was excited as i had heard great things about the spa. The room was nice, facing the sea (although it was low season so not many people) but I was really dissapointed with the spa. Im not a very uptight person, but most Norwegians are not used to nudity in public baths which are more common in other countries. Honestly, if people want to be naked sitting on their towen in the sauna its fine, but in the bubble bath with other people and pubic hair floating around? no thanks.. The only area with clothes is the very boring swimming pool. The spa is divided from this with walls and large signs recommending taking clothes of. I actually felt preassured, and weird wearing my swimsuit. It is even a day a week where it is obligatory to go nudist! Again Im an open minded person, but I did not find this relaxing at all rather the oposite.. Oh, and we ordered room service for dinner as I was tired, and that costs 100 krones extra! wow, it is Norway but that is crazy!!!!

Room Tip: ask for seaview
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Journey b
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a very nice stay at Farris Bad, but expected more exclusivity for that price.

We were there in a particularily busy time of year, and the spa area was a bit crowded and loud for my taste. I was not able to relax 100%. I think that they should only allow hotel guests entrance to the spa area in busy periods of the year. I enjoyed a spa treatment package, which was actually worth the 1600 NOK. The Spa has a variety of pools, saunas, steam rooms, all good quality.

The restaurant was also crowded, but they managed to deliver a surprisingly good 3 course in a reasonable time period. To sum up - Good quality throughout, but probably better to visit outside the busiest parts of the season.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kjersti M
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recently treated myself to a weekend at the Farris Bad Hotel & Spa. I had a lovely weekend but there is definitely room for improvement.
The room rate was NOK 1,940 and at that price I wouldn't expect to have a room that really needed a new coat of paint. There was also a plastic orchid in the bathroom. I’d personally rather not have a plant than have a plastic one. I also noted that the plants in the spa were plastic. The toilet paper in the bathroom was cheap as well. I would expect more from such a high-end hotel. The room was nice though, the bed was comfortable and everything I needed was there. I did notice that there was no room safe which I was surprised by although I didn't need one.
I can’t fault the spa and I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of it. I had a great massage and some lovely treatments. All the saunas and pools were excellent as well.
I think the biggest let down was the food. Breakfast was pretty decent with a wide range of food in the buffet. The coffee was pretty poor though. The lunch buffet was quite disappointing. The prepared food was pretty mediocre. On my second day I opted for a la carte which was marginally better. Dinner was the most disappointing. Nothing I had was bad but it wasn't very good either. I realise it’s a big hotel with lots of guests but it was clear that nothing was made to order and it felt very institutionalised. And the bread at all meals was not great either which is bad considering Norway has awesome bread. It’s a shame that the hotel is really let down by the restaurant.
The service I received from the staff was very good and as stated I had a very nice weekend but there are several areas in which big improvements could be made, especially considering the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Louise H
Kristiansand, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We recently had a weekend trip to Farris Bad in Larvik, Norway. This was in general a very nice hotel, with an excellent spa area (in fact one of the better equipped spa we have ever visited). However when it came to the room we were unfortunately a bit disappointed. We booked a deluxe room with sea view. From the pictures on their website it seems like your getting a "spa bath" with a window directly overviewing the ocean. This was not the case. This is actually misleading marketing and should be taken care of by the management. With a room only price of 3000NOK per night you expect to get what you pay for.

The spa area was unfortunately packed with people most of the time. Especially was this the case for Friday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon. One idea would be to give priority entrance for the hotel guests and have an max allowance of people that are not guests at the hotel, especially at peak times in the weekend. We would also like to point out car parking. We paid an additional 180NOK per day for parking, one suggestion would be to include this in the room price, especially if your booking one of the more expensive rooms at the hotel.

Even though we would like to give it "very good" due to the excellent spa area - the overall impression don't reach up this time because of the room versus the price we paid for it. In the end we actually feel like we have been deceived by their marketing on their website in regards to the room specification.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is not worth the price. Choose a cheaper room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vaganor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larvik
Hotel Wassilioff
#2 of 5 in Sandefjord
Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic
Quality Hotel Skaergaarden
Engo Gard Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Farris Bad Hotel? Share your experiences!