“Great value”
Review of mamma italia

mamma italia
Ranked #25 of 422 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Visiting my family in Sunderland we ate here with 3 kids. Food was enjoyed by all. I had a spicy bean starter and a beef tagliatelle main, both of which were a bit unusual but a refreshing change. The rest of the party enjoyed their pizza and pasta. Kids had a good time. Staff were attentive without being in your face. Definitely recommend.DefinitelyDefinitely

• Visited August 2014

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited mamma italia purely based on its tripadvisor standing alone. We were not disappointed. Staff are very friendly and take time to explain the menu and specials. I had 3 courses all of which were delicious. Everything is also very reasonably priced. Cant wait to return!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank familytravellers10
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“The best Italian restaurant In Sunderland”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've visited Mamma Italia A LOT over the last 18 months. It's by far the best Italian in Sunderland. The staff are absolutely wonderful, so friendly and attentive. The food is out of this world, and very reasonably priced. I generally stick to the same things each time I go purely because I love it but i do try everybody else's on the table, and it's always delicious. The atmoshere in Mamma Italia is always buzzing, and it's always busy especially during happy hour however you are never ever rushed. I've been here with family, friends, in big parties and every time it's brilliant. I really cannot fault this restaurant at all, perfecto!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KirstiAnderson
Sunderland
“Best Italian in Sunderland”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Due to visiting family and friends, we've been forced to this place three times in the last few weeks, lucky it's only a short walk for us.........

We really enjoy our visits here, the staff is brilliant, efficient, friendly and attentive. Pasquale has created a special neighbourhood restaurant, with high quality food, a good specials board, and even the overspill area which is a very pleasant place to eat at the other end of the building.

Mama's is so popular that it is usually busy, booking is recommended; if you're early go in the pub bar, it's a proper pub, with beer and blokes, and if you tell the restaurant staff you're there they'll come find you when your table is ready.

On my last visit I had a seafood ravioli that ranked among the top 5 pasta dishes I've ever eaten, and I eat a lot of pasta; but I've tried loads of stuff here, and never been disappointed - and it's fantastic value too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GraemeySunderland
“Very ni ce!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely clean !very fresh food !
Will be booking again!
Nice and relaxed no rushing you in and out !
Lovely staff and management