“Chuckle brother chefs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Thai China
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Pub, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This Modern Pub, serves a blend of street food and traditional soul food.
“Chuckle brother chefs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Many times I have used this hotel and restaurant until this week being a disaster. Tuesday on pasta night we ordered a spaghetti bolognaise which we were told the chef maybe too busy to cook it. Eventually we were told yes we can do it only to find it was not appealing, no garnish or anything to accompany it with and the water that came from it. Tonight being steak night we ordered mixed grills. What the hell came out was greasy and looked like something the homeless wouldn't dig into. My advice is sort your chefs out because the excuse that they are too busy is unacceptable because I'm a chef myself and have to cater for everyone no matter the numbers

Marmaris, Turkey
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I visited with my partner and need I say the least it was terrible I received the wrong starter The waiter just blanked us throughout the night. I don't know if it was cause we were young or same sex couple but the blank looks and ignorance wasn't appreciated for the price we payed. I expect some sort of good service for the price they charge yet I received nothing of the sort. I had an empty glass sitting on the table from my starter being finish and with the waiter walking past more than 10 times I expected an offer for another but the glass just sat there throughout my entire main course. I am not happy or satisfied at this in the slightest

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“ok ish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The place has a high finish of decore , a really classy feel. service is quiet good but the standard of food lets it down. A lot of catching up on its neighbour restaurant Italia.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Damian R
“Gutted it's closed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

This was my favourite Thai food I had tasted. The portions were huge and the price was well affordable. I'm gutted it's closed, we have enough Italians in Sunderland but not enough Thai places to eat. Bring it back I say.....

KEITH D, Director at Thai China, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for your disappointment. I must agree with your comments, however, we took the decision to close Thai China and revert the space into a function suite.

The demand for function space has intensified and we took the decision that the space would be better utilised to this use.

We still have our Tavistock Retro Italia and R Bar within the hotel that serves food. Our new bar menu that is due to be launched mid april, will feature some of our Thai dishes.

Once again thanks for your kind comments and we will hopefully see you visit our hotel again soon.

Kindest regards,

Mr Keith Donkin
Director
Tavistock Leisure Ltd
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Mum when's my dinner coming?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Booked a table for 5 of us as it was my sons birthday. Arrived promptly at 7 pm. We ordered a mixture of banquets and meals. Soups arrived, the hot and sour prawn soup contained 1 prawn per bowl! Starters of thai fish cakes, rather on the small side. Then a mind numbing 45 minutes later the waitress offered us a round of free drinks as an apology for our wait, we were on soft drinks only so not a great deal. Another 15 minutes later about 9 pm we were served our main courses. No explaination about why there had been such a delay, the restaurant definately wasn't busy. Didn't even think about dessert! This has completely put me off this restaurant!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mumski_13
KEITH D, Director at Thai China, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the experience that you encountered. We pride ourselves on the high level of food standards and customer service we provide all of our guests. Sadly it appears that we have failed to achieve this on your last visit.

I have highlighted all of your concerns to both the Head Chef and Restauarnt Manager, who will fully investigate all of your points.

Once again my sincerest of aplogies.

Kindest regards,