“lovely”

and 1 more site!
Roker View Guest House
Ranked #7 of 17 Sunderland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2013

this is a very nice little guest house very clean and tidy just the place for a short stay
ideal for visting sunderland very close to sea front
owner very welcoming and friendly also very help full we stayed here on the 13/6/13
also very close to good pub,s and the stadium of light is a short walk away or 3.50 by taxi

Room Tip: we stayed in room 4 it was very clean with en-suite and sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The B&B was average, room 8 right at the top was clean but like a sauna, even keeping curtains closed the room became very stuffy, and to open the only small window was to scramble across the bed, creaky floorboards, having a fridge was a surprise but froze anything I put in there ruining some food as I was not aware how cold it was even on it's lowest setting, and drinks froze solid too, dining room was spotless and good choice of food, English breakfast ok,the B&B needs some TLC as wallpaper coming off walls and holes in wall where sockets were, nice touch with a water dispenser in the hall, needed it after climbing the stairs, being asthmatic got puffed, if I had known I was at top I would have asked to change but no one there when I arrived and had to sort myself out let myself in etc, did not see owner until breakfast next day

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
mramallin, Owner at Roker View Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

We are sorry that this guest had problems with the heat in the room but we were having a great spell with the weather and as the room is on the top floor it was much hotter than normal- we have never had a complaint of this sort before. Our accommodation is over three floors, if the guest had made us aware of health problems on booking, we would never of placed them on the top floor, we have a downstairs room for that purpose that is highly suitable for people with either mobility or health problems.Had we also been aware that the stairs and the heat were a problem during the stay then we would of quite happily moved the guest to another room. We normally also endeavour to meet all of our guests on arrival as we do not live on the premises, however on this occasion we were at a wedding party and could not do so. The standard of our accommodation is very important to us and we can only apologise that the guest felt that they could not contact us on arrival to discuss the circumstances as all of our rooms have contact details, we then would of been able to deal with the concerns during the stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

My partner and I stayed over night at the Roker View after deciding to make a night of it following a matinee show at the Empire.
The Room was perfect.
The breakfast plentiful and very tasty.
Tony, the owner, was very pleasant.
The place was spotless and well decorated.
I couldn't fault it at all.
A real gem of a guest house in a quiet side street near to the marina and seafront.

My partner and daughter are staying over for the Airshow....she can't wait to return!

Room Tip: For that extra bit of comfort....ask for room 1 with it's four poster bed....very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

A fabulous B&B. Stayed at Roker View on many occasions for my son to attend swimming competitions and originally chosen for its walking distance to the pool. Always warm, clean, comfortable and cosy with a fabulous cooked breakfast. Tony is always very helpful and friendly. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is a real gem, thanks to trip advisor I found Roker View, This is not your average B & B, This is truly fantastic, very clean and comfortable room with great facilities, and a proper traditional English breakfast in a warm and friendly atmosphere, there is a mini supermarket and ATM (free to use) just across the road, and next door is a really good pub which is freehold and has Sky sports, I would not stay anywhere else when I am in the North East.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dave b
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I spent five days in Sunderland at the Roker View Guest House and had a wonderful experience. Tony was very nice and helpful throughout my staying and even drove me to the train station the morning I left. What I enjoyed most was my cosy and superwarm room with a gorgeous view on the harbor. I loved waking up early in the morning and seeing the sunrise from my window. If you like watching the sea and taking long walks along the seafront, that's the place to go!

Room Tip: If too much light bothers your sleep, don't get a room with a view because you'll get a lot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I came to Sunderland on a 3-days business trip and picket the Roker View because of its location and it's fair price and i must say it went beyond my expectations! It's a very cute 3-floors guesthouse located just a few steps away from the sea. The place is safe, clean and tidy, breakfast is great and the owner is very friendly and helpful. Definitely a place i'd recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business