“Needs refurb”

Ranked #103 of 420 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Needs refurb”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This establishment been open for years. Food is ok. Service ok. Could do with redecoration. Looking tired

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deborah360

“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times food is lovely there was nothing I could fault, great staff and great food will be returning

• Visited April 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Family Favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited this restaurant yesterday to celebrate my dad's birthday. We came for the £8:00 for 3 courses lunchtime special.
Greeted by the ever-friendly staff, we were shown to our table. Soup or fruit juice to start, followed by about 20 different mains and then pineapple fritter/ice cream or coffee for afters.
I chose the chicken and sweetcorn soup, absolutely lovely, didn't need to season it, then came the king prawn curry with onions - have to say, I love this dish and it never lets me down, big, juicy, plump prawns, and for dessert, I had the pineapple fritter, which was crispy and delicious. My dad had the chicken chow mein dish and he said that he thoroughly enjoyed it, the chicken was very tender.
We love this restaurant and over the years have used it on many different family occasions. I would say that the decor maybe needs a refresh but I would gladly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
North East UK
“Great Little Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Frankly, I'm amazed at some of the negative reviews of this great family run Chinese restaurant...makes me wonder whether some people are more used to take away sized portions or simply spend too much time in McDonalds....

My husband and I popped in here quite late on, mid week after visiting friends. We hadn't booked and as guessed, it was pretty quiet as expected on a Tuesday night with three or four tables of people. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and after a drink in the bar area, we were shown to our table. Yes, the place is a little 'tired' looking, but it's local and we were more interested in a good hot meal.

We chose crispy duck starter - this was plentiful (we actually had to ask for more pancakes as there was so much duck) and was simply gorgeous. I then had beef with green peppers in black bean sauce with egg fried rice - all piping hot, well cooked and a good sized portion. The free prawn crackers on the table were some of the best I've ever had.

This place serves authentic Chinese food, that is of good quality and we would definitely come back. Give it a go - no it isn't of the style of flashier places like 'Asiana' - but if you're looking for an excellent, local Chinese to have a relaxed meal then this is the place.

• Visited December 2013
“expensive drinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

ent for husbands birthday on a saturday night with family the portions were very small and overpriced the quality of the food was very poor spare ribs were all bone with hardly any meat there was no chicken and hardly any sweetcorn in soup the drinks were very overpriced and no draught beers were available just overpriced bottles and not many to choose from i would not recommend this restaraunt to anyone steer well clear our bill came to £185 we were all still hungry afterwards diabolical

• Visited January 2014