“Consistently excellent”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you are looking for a great restaurant, somewhere in a nice neighbourhood where the food is consistently excellent and the service strikes the perfect balance between friendly and professional, look no further. Romanos is a cut above the usual restaurant in pretty much all respects, food, ambience, staff but you will pay perhaps slightly more as a consequnce. Whether for a romantic meal, a family treat or as somewhere to impress a business client I can recommend Romanos. On my last visit I had scallops which were to die for and a lamb shank which was melt in the mouth good. And you must have some Minchellas ice cream, the old family business. I have never had a bad meal or been less than impressed with the service and overall experience. I don't think there are many other restaurants this good in this area.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We moved in to the village earlier this year and had a fab meal at Romano's.

Everything was cooked to perfection, and served by very helpful, friendly staff. We thought the service was exceptional actually.

Looking forward to going back.

1  Thank Pidge_Pooh
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Really good Italian food - fairly priced and nicely decorated. Good wine and dessert selection friendly/formal atmosphere
Highly recommended

1  Thank kazaraki
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This is the second time I have eaten here and it confirms my previous opinions.
For: Extensive menu and mostly very good quality food although we couldn't find much chicken in the Risotto.
Against : Tables are MUCH too close together and while this may be forgiveable on very busy nights, half the restaurant was left unused both time we visited and we were all packed into the other half meaning there was no access around the table for the staff.
No curtains or carpets make it very noisy and intimate/private conversation difficult.
Staff only seemed to really take notice of us when we started ordering from the extensive and expensive Grappa list.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

First off before I go into it the food at Romano's Bistro is of a very high standard, really tasty and good value for money.

Having visited the restaurant for special occasions on an evening I have always had a thoroughly good time and thought I'd take my partner there for lunch for a change.

The lunch menu is the same prices as the evening menu with the same choices however the service was less than satisfactory and not the same standard as the evening. Due to the restaurant being very quiet the staff seemed more concerned about setting tables for the evening and sprucing the restaurant up. They only started background music mid-way through our meal.

Getting another drink was very difficult as they simply walked past you and when we finished our food were left with the plates in front of us for 15 minutes. Its a shame that they don't treat lunchtime with the same standard of service they do on a night time otherwise this is a really good restaurant.

2  Thank deansmith333