“Outstanding”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Visited for our silver wedding having not been here for a couple of years. This rates as one of the best meals I have eaten anywhere in the world. We were in early dooes and there were already a couple of families enjoying a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. My wife is a veggie and although there are not lots of choices, those present were excellent.
I had scallops and crab followed by sea bass with prawns. Faultless,
Mrs had deep fied hallumi cheese and veg risotto.
Portions were just right and superb.
The star however was the cherry and almond tart which although not on the menu we asked for because we had heard of it on trip advisor. I will never need a dessert menu again. This will be my choice.
For the quality of food I think the prixes are very reasonable. If you want a cheap pizza go elsewhere. If you want a fantastic meal with friendly staff for an excellent price then do not pass this place.
Have already made plans to go back with family.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cudzo

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“As good as ever”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We were back in Romanos for a family occasion. As ever, it was superb. It has a great varied menu in terms of content and price and the food is great, but so is the service and ambience. The thing about Romanos is that it is consistently good and has been for some time. As I write this, I know we will be back and soon hopefully!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank John D M
East Boldon
“One of the best restaurants around!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I eat here at this restaurant on a regular basis. The food is excellent. Though I do believe that the portions are a bit on the small side for the price you pay!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jo_SEastBoldon
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Still head and shoulders above the rest.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Romano's is located in the heart of picturesque Cleadon Village with ample parking and a nice hustle-and-bustle feel to the place. It is superbly fitted out and has the feel of a top London restaurant. The food is modern European with a heavy Italian slant with some great pasta, meat and fish dishes. Some of the deserts are absolutely fantastic and the homemade Turkish delight ice cream with chocolate sauce is worth a visit on its own. Forget pepperoni pizza and potato skins - its not that type of place so if you're after that kind of cuisine, please stay away. The daily specials menu always throws up plenty of choice and the wine selection is second to none - especially the Italian red selection. As some other reviewers have hinted, this isn't the cheapest place in town but the location, service, food and top ingredients i.e. meat from the Wallington Estates in Northumberland does command a premium. I and the many other regular, satisfied customers are more than happy to continue to happily pay for what we get - great place, great location, professional staff and above all... super food and wine.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Aston51
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“incredible”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

the food is incredible the service is outstanding and the waiting staff are so nice worth the money it is my all time favourite resteraunt
It is quite expensive but in my opinion worth every penny

• Visited December 2012