“Fantastic”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First time in restaurant and it was amazing , staff friendly and very helpfull. A perfect menu and plenty of choice . Will defiantly return to this restaurant .

• Visited July 2014

Durham
“Not on A Sunday - very slow service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Disappointed as have previously enjoyed good service and food.

We visited with family and friends for Sunday lunch and the service was unbelievably slow. Arrived at 1.30pm and it was 4pm when we left without coffee.

We waited nearly 30 minutes before a drinks order was taken and the theme followed.

The traditional lunch was alright but nothing to write home about and certainly not worth the wait.

The restaurant was not busy so little to justify the shoddy service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank hexaminer
“Favourite restaurant ”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is such a good place to eat! The location is lovely. The food could not be any better, ranging from prawns, to steaks to pastas and rice. The atmosphere is perfect and the staff are so nice and superb

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Brilliant birthday meal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked a table for family for my nieces 40th birthday. It include my mother whose in her eighties and my young niece whose 6. Attitude of the staff is brilliant - extremely attentive without being intrusive. Paulo and Romano are always pleased to see you. The food was amazing as usual no problem to deal with any special requests ( I don't like veg so had chips with my chicken). I note a previous review remarked about mussels not being available - they weren't available for us either but there was plenty of other delicious choices to make. Lovely atmosphere early on a Saturday night it was extremely hot but with the windows and doors open it made it much more comfortable. Food scrumptious, wine delicious all in all very contented diners.
My husband and I also came here at Easter for Sunday evening. There was a problem with the electrics but the candle light just added to the overall atmosphere. The steak we both had melted in the mouth.
Early evening menu £17.50 for two courses or spoil yourself and have 3 courses for £21.00
Highly recommended - can't wait for our next visit.
Even booked for our silver wedding party next July

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Millyannpie
South Shields
“Food Excellent, Service Poor”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Being to Romano's on a number of occasions, where I have previously found the food and service excellent, last Tuesday the service was lacking to say the least. After reviewing the menu, I ordered the mussels for starters, only to be informed by Romano they were off, why could he not inform me when he gave me the menu, Strike 1. The main course was ordered without incident. After ordering a second bottle of wine, the greatest no, no for wine aficionado's you do not top up the wine in your glass from the second bottle, Strike 2. On perusing the sweet menu I ordered, only to be informed that they did not have a number of the selection of ices, being owned by the Minchella family Ices are a staple diet of the sweet menu why could he not inform me when he gave me the menu, Strike 3. After the meal I asked for the bill and a taxi, the bill arrived and was informed the taxi was waiting outside, the waitress left, I had assumed to get the CC machine, as the taxi was waiting, after five minutes no sign of a CC machine or waitress, therefore I went to the till to pay, as the taxi was waiting, gave my amex card which was accepted, then rejected, oh it's a new machine and has not been programed to accept Amex, Strike 4.

• Visited May 2014