“Nice Meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We are regulars at Romanos, and decided to have our 24th Anniversary meal here. Paulo and Romano were off for the evening to a family party, and it showed.
No smiles from the staff when we arrived just a wall of stares from three waitresses behind the bar, however the regular waiter who is always pleasant acknowledged us.
We ordered starters of chicken liver parfait and smoked salmon, followed by chicken & chorizo risotto and chicken supreme stuffed with mushrooms, wilted spinach and garlic butter, however after a few minutes the waiter advised me they noticed after the menus were printed that the dish was not as offered - to be truthful I couldn't really understand that what exactly was offered so I asked for chicken supreme with chips (which was fab) succulent and tender, and the chicken & chorizo risotto was just ... perfect.
The music seemed to be playing up with the same tune starting and restarting again, staff putting lippy on at the bar - this definitely wouldn't have happened with P & R at the helm. We asked for the bill and after waiting over 10 minutes decided we would just go to the bar to pay - eventually my husband managed to get the right bill and pay it.
We have booked to take over 20 family & friends here for our Silver Wedding next year and as long as P & R are in the restaurant I am confident it will go well, but after this evening I am having a wobble :( what if they are off to the family party again ......

5  Thank Millyannpie

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited on Sunday evening and took advantage of the early dining menu. Set price before 7pm. Very good value and no difference in quality or quantity. Excellent service and made very welcome. Great atmosphere. Relatively small dining area so would think booking is essential at peak times! With such great food and service I am sure it will be very popular! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We went here for an early week dinner and had a great night out. The staff were super friendly and help put together a super collection of food and accompanying wines.

It's a very social restaurant and would suit anything from a business dinner to a birthday celebration. The terderloin for mains was a spectacular dish and we went through about 5 delicious desserts.

Ask for some advice on the wines, these guys are experts. Just watch out for the grappa!

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked last minute for my boyfriends birthday !!!!!!
It took a while for anyone to notice we had arrived ! we missed happy hour !!
My partner ordered black pudding with egg and pancetta The egg was a boiled egg????
I had soup which was good ( the bread on the table was very good)
We arrived at 7.15 by 8,30 we were still waiting for our mains?
However When they arrived they were lovely and fresh!
I had king prawns ! yum yum
!
My other half belly pork!

I asked on the phone if they had a a cake and could bring a candle out ? Pablo said he would do a fire work in ice cream ( which he did ) MAVELOUS !
It was £70.00 for our meal with drinks !
we would of ordered more drinks but they forgot to ask again,,,,,
we needed to be up at 3.30am next day .... so had to go
overall food good ,,,nice clean place,,, we are foodies and would return,,,,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

First time in restaurant and it was amazing , staff friendly and very helpfull. A perfect menu and plenty of choice . Will defiantly return to this restaurant .