“Great food & Service - well impressed”

Asiana Fusion Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 429 Restaurants in Sunderland
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Tyne & Wear
“Great food & Service - well impressed”
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Visited this place late on a saturday night. had heard mixed reviews but thought we'd give it a go. We were not dissappointed. Food and Service was excellent - such a huge range of dishes to choose from even on the set menus. Not too pricey and staff very pleasent. Only dowside to this place was staff do appear to be hovering over you for you finishing and trying to whip away your plate as soon as your done which does annoy me anyway. Other than this though a very good place with great food and views. We will return in the future.

sunderland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not great service”
Reviewed 24 January 2010

booked a table 8 30 was told to be prompt which we were or table would be given away even though we paid a deposit. we then waited an hour between courses, food was vety good service left a lot to be desired

1 Thank finneysunderland
sunderland
“Fabulous food and service”
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I mst disagree with the first review, I have been now on numerous occasions to Asian and must say the food and service has always been excellent. I have recommended to may friends and they all agree and can't speak highly enough of the place. They Satay sauce is to die for and the food is always very fresh and presented beautifully. There are so many staff to cater to your needs you are never waiting for anything and they can't do enough for you. A great asset to Sunderland!!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great views but bland food and slighty intimidating service”
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I went here with my wife in the summer of 2009. We read a bad review in the Metro beforehand but booked anyway, preferring to experience the place for ourselves. I wish we'd taken the review on face value.

We booked a table, but got off to a bad start because my wife had mistakenly booked for half an hour later than we actually arrived. This seemed to be a big problem, and the lady who 'greeted' us made a big deal of this - even though the restaurant was not busy at this point and we apologised for getting our times mixed up.

We ordered crispy duck and pancakes to start with. This arrived suspiciously quickly and with certainly not enough time to cook it from scratch. It tasted microwaved. I had a Vietnamese tomato chicken curry for my main and my wife had Nasi Goreng - a rice dish. Mine took me back to my childhood of the Vesta curries of the 70s and my wife's rice dish was dry. Both were bland. We had a couple of drinks which pushed the bill to nearly £50 between us.

The service was a bit too overbearing, but not in a nice way. It wasn't that attentive and it was a bit intrusive. The young lady who served our starter was shredding the duck when a supervisor barked at her asking if she knew how to do it. He, and another member of staff then stood over her watching her shred the duck - not a very relaxing experience. Throughout the meal there was a lot of staff walking past our table staring at our plates, but nobody engaged with us. Again, this made us feel uncomfortable.

Our friends have also been there - they booked a table for 8 but in the end only 6 could make it - a common occurence you would think. The staff made a big issue over this amost launching an investigation into who took the booking and then saying that they should have taken a £5 booking fee.

The decor is nice and the views over the river were great though.

If you are used to eating good quality asian food - don't bother going here. If you aren't and would prefer the views then go for it, but Thai Manor is so much better.

2 Thank MarsdenRattler
Sunderland, UK
“Fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Had a meal here recently with friends, been a couple of times now and each time have had a really enjoyable experience. The menu choices are extensive and being vegetarian have been impressed with their selection and that you can have a vegetarian banquet (min 2 people). My friends have been equally impressed with the other banquets and food on offer. The restaurant is situated with great views over the river Wear and has a modern feel to the decor. The atmosphere has always been great and staff very helpful.

Will definately visit again, its nice to have such a refreshingly different place in Sunderland.