“Excellent experience”

Ranked #14 of 16 Sunderland B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the queen vic back in 2012 and didn't have such a great experience anyways I thought I would give it another shot and I am glad I revisited I took my mother there as they had a mothers day special menu on the food was excellently cooked and great value for money and the bar and function room have been refurbished to a very high standard the staff are very friendly and polite and the bar gives is such a comfy and relaxed environment overall I would defiantly revisit this establishment

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kyleburn
DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit hopefully we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My son and daughter in law surprised me on Mothers Day !!! We dined at the queen vic the food was beautiful thank you .Lovely surroundings obviously had been newly refurbished looked beautiful June Anderson

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 394june
DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you June, pleased you enjoyed your surprise for mothers day hopefully we ill se you and your family again soon.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Visted the queen Vic twice since done up for drinks and food..

Can get special 3 course for £5.95 on lunch time or £6.95 on tea time, 4 choices for starters and a few main meals then ice cream or coffee for dessert... Then they have a normal menu which we selected as didn't want starters....

first time was fab, hubby had burger and chips, I had chicken soulvaki with salad and chips... All tasted yummy and homemade ..... Was really nice and was surprised how nice 10/10

Second time I got mixed fajitas but wasn't very impressed, tasted very powdery and as if spices not cooked out, not nice with a small salad, tortilla wraps and tasteless salsa and sour cream.. wasn't worth the price of £9.95... Making me doubt if would go back ... 3/10 for mine...
Hubby said his was lovely

Was really gutted as hate thinking pay for food and it's crap....
Think you need to really think at what u pick off the menu!!! Shame really....
Also when waitress cleared the plates she didn't ask if all was okay...don't like to complain but wasn't good to me, others may think it's nice but the fajitas certainly not!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
I apologise on your last visit our food and service wasn't up to our usual high standards, hopefully you and your partner will be joining us again in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I think this is a beautiful bar with friendly, welcoming staff and is in a great location just a 5 minute walk from the top centre shops. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice weekend away or even just a nice drink in the bar.

• Stayed February 2014
DanielleQV, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thanks for your positive feedback, we are pleased staff made you feel welcome hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Danielle
south shields
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Visited in a party of about 30 people and should have guessed what sort of meal we would
experience when we were all crammed into a space in which you could not leave the table
without disturbing about 5 other diners.This apart the meal took at least 30 minutes to arrive and
it was very poor quality.Having said that I think the waitresses were very pleasant,but this is one
restaurant I will be avoiding in future,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Maz177, Manager at Queen Vic, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
We are really spry that on the occasion you visited our standards were not up to our usual high standards for which we do apologise. We have taken everything you have commented on, on board and have taken steps to rectify the issues you have raised in your review.

Travellers are raving about these Sunderland hotels

UK
Reviewed 22 July 2013

rude staff, bad food, not clean, it all looks quite shabby and old. as if it's a ghost building. it doesn't look well-maintained at all and we highly doubt the quality of the food there!!!!! overall: AVOID!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Guys - I use tripadvisor as a honest and useful guide for people hence the write up. I stayed there 2 nights but it was terrible! Its NOT a hotel - its a pub with a rabbit warren of rooms on top! As I walked to the room, I could smell ganga or skunk and then through unlit cooridors to a large room with no soap or chairs! Next morning I made my way out form the pub through a fire exit - no breakfast facility! When I got back, I found my room had not been done. I complained and they came to do it. I complained and did not feel that the money I paid was fair for what I got. they took some off. Overrall - they need to really appreciate that we are their guests and be treated as such. If you are a lone or female - don't stay there - I did not feel safe. Oh-see the attached picture of the stay on all night light in window - did not get sleep as room was well lit. I give up.

Room Tip: choose the Best Western about 500yards down the road!