“Love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 427 Restaurants in Sunderland
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering French, Italian cuisine in the former water company buildingSourcing local produce and serving quality food and serviceOpen for lunches & evenings
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Visited a number of times and never been disappointed. Recently celebrated mam and dads 40th wedding anniversary here and everyone was impressed with the food and service x

3 Thank Nicnshaun
jimmy_dacqua85, Public Relations Manager at D'Acqua Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your evening especially for such an important occasion.

Thanks again

Sunderland, Massachusetts
“yaba daba do”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Well we visit,,we never can fault this amazing, fantastic little restaurant..
I think they should expand and go to other areas in the northeast .
Faultless impeccable and a true delight to visit .
Reading other reviews if you do not tell the staff something is wrong they can correct it
and endeavour to make your experience better .if not unforgettable like ours

4 Thank jezabelle_10
Thank you for your recent review.

I am very pleased that again you have enjoyed your experience with us and left a review to express this. We would love to open up other places however D'acqua is our priority and would not want to distract from here.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Amazing Sunday lunch ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We have been to D'acqua many times as it's our favourite restaurant but never for Sunday lunch - we were not disappointed! I had the beef dinner (it was delicious and very generous amount of meat) my husband had fish and chips they were cooked to perfection. Looking forward to going back on a Sunday. :)

3 Thank MelissaAnya
Thank you for your recent review and very kind comments.

We hope to see you again.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We booked on the website Tuesday night because they don't open Tuesdays and we wanted a table at opening time on the Wednesday. We were called at 10am on Wednesday to confirm- impressive! We turned up 5 minutes before opening (5.30pm) and were met like old friends. Lovely atmosphere. Rolls served on a slate, starters of chicken liver pate and bruschetta were perfect. My wife had the fish and chips because I told her that they were famous here! The batter was a little wet on the inside but that's a personal taste thing. Fish and chips were lovely. I had the mixed sizzling platter- beef and chicken on a bed of onions with separate veg in a bowl. The beef was 'melt in the mouth'. We had two drinks and coffee after and the total was £31. Couldn't believe how busy they were for 6pm on a Wednesday. Perfect and we shall be back.

3 Thank Feenee
jimmy_dacqua85, Public Relations Manager at D'Acqua Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 August 2014

We are very pleased you enjoyed your meal at D'acqua.

We hope to see you again.

Thanks again
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Not so "Amazing" after all.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently visited with some friends and was very disappointed with the offerings. I have been to many restaurants in my many years on this planet and don't like to slate things for the sake of it, however here I go..... the goats cheese tart was quite disappointing, a rectangle of puff pastry with some goats cheese and bits plopped on top. The "sizzling" fish platter lacked a bit of sizzle and was accompanied by some barely cooked vegetables. The burger got a good report but the chips really weren't very good either, very hard and pale, most were left but no questions asked why when the plates were cleared.
There was a nice atmosphere in the place though, with many regulars, which was quite clear by talk going on and "usual" table requests.
It's quite interesting going through the comments on here to see how passionately the people giving this place 5 stars are with the occasional name calling and suggesting that anyone who rates it less may well be a Muppet. I thought that the ratings are not justified, this is just my opinion and I personally like to have opinions from multiple people, tis only fair. It's a real shame as the place has a good menu, lovely setting and nice staff, just needs some tweaking on the food front, in my HONEST, albeit humble opinion.

7 Thank EmGee35
Thank you for your recent review.
My apologies that you have not enjoyed your experience at D'acqua as you can imaging this is always a disappointment to ourselves.

Firstly I would like to apologies that you found your meal disappointing and feel that at no point this issue could have been raised with a member of staff. As you have mentioned the staff like to chat to customer as this is how we get to know our customers and cater for there needs i.e usual table ect. I agree that you should have been asked if everything was ok when the dishes have been cleared and for this I can only apologies and will be discussing this with the team.

Regarding you comments about our 5 star reviews I feel I must defend this as I can assure you these are 100% customer reviews. We as a young business are proud and very grateful for the passion people feel towards our reputation. You say yourself Tripadvisor is a place for people to voice their opinion therefore we can not be held responsible for comments made. I can assure you we DO NOT write or ask people to write reviews.

Once again I am sorry you feel you had to "slate us for the sake of it" and hope that if you do chose to return to D'acqua your opinion may be a more positive one.

D'acqua team.