“Sqeezed in on a busy night”
Review of Marcellos

Marcellos
Ranked #76 of 449 Restaurants in Sunderland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We turned up on a bank holiday monday night with no reservation and we were seated within 20 minutes.
The food is lovely and not expensive the staff are excellent and the atmosphere lovely.
I would definately return if i was in Sunderland.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been here a few times, and every single time it has been top notch. Pizza and pasta is on point.

Staff are friendly and the warm bread they give you is fantastic washed down with a peroni.

Thanks to all the staff

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited Marcellos today for lunch and were extremely pleased with the food and the service that we received. My mother and I both had the lasagne and my husband had penne arrabiata with garlic bread and bruschetta to start and house white wine/red wine to accompany the meal.

The food was really lovely and all the dishes had a rustic home made feel and the portions were extremely generous and they were delicious! All of the waiters were extremely pleasant and we couldn't fault the customer service. Also, we all had a starter and a main for just £5.95; we'd definitely go back!

1  Thank TomChallinor
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We visited Marcellos on Monday lunchtime. They have a £5.95 two course special on and we weren't expecting very much for the money, but how wrong we were! I had the homemade pate with toasted french bread and salad, hubby had the potato skins with a garlic dip and we both followed with Lasagne. The pate was really flavoursome and hubby's pile of potato skins was huge and hubby said they were very tasty. The lasagne was made and served in individual dishes and the portion was a good size.

They don't have any draft beer but there is a reasonable range of the bottled variety at around £3.00 a bottle.

Our bill including two bottles of Peroni was just shy of £18.00 + tip.

I don't know how the restaurant is on an evening, but I would certainly recommend it for a quick and tasty lunch when visiting Sunderland town centre. It is a family run business and it certainly shows.

1  Thank Deaconblue
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have had a few take away meals from Marcellos and their food overall is ok. Their garlic bread is delicious however their pasta is extremely oily and doesn't taste quite right. Still, this doesn't put me off, I'll just order a non pasta dish in future!