“What Sunderland has been missing”
Review of Jayelles - CLOSED

Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We opened in March 2010. as a coffee shop/bistro.....our motto is " we dont serve fast food...we serve good food as fast as we can." We serve a fast range of home cooked foods...cocktails, wines, spirits and beers.... we have a great sea view on the coast of seaburn...sunderland..tyne & wear...we pride ourselves on having been awarded 5 stars by sunderland City council .
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This was my 10th visit to this restaurant & I am surprised it was not even on the restaurant list for Sunderland. The food here is what Sunderland restaurants have been lacking, we have enough Italian, Asian & Chinese & what the chefs at Jayelles prepare is a fusion of food from around the world. Great British food but with addition of herbs & spices making for some of the tastiest food I have tasted in a long time. Presentation of food, quality staff in a family atmosphere also appeals to me as does when the Chef actually appears out front to see if everything is OK with the food, especially since the specials board changes frequently & he adds twists to the simplest of foods to make mouth watering feasts. I would recommend a visit to this fine establishment, set on the main seafront road with panoramic views out to sea. The main restaurant is open late on Thursday, Friday & Saturdays only, with lst bookings for 8.30pm, main meals, sandwiches cakes etc are available throughout the day. Certainly, for me & a few others, the best priced food & drink establishment in sunderland. Enjoy!!

4  Thank Pugwashed
heathermtn, Owner at Jayelles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Thankyou x