“Very good”

Jayelles
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We opened in March 2010. as a coffee shop/bistro.....our motto is " we dont serve fast food...we serve good food as fast as we can." We serve a fast range of home cooked foods...cocktails, wines, spirits and beers.... we have a great sea view on the coast of seaburn...sunderland..tyne & wear...we pride ourselves on having been awarded 5 stars by sunderland City council .
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Service excellent , food excellent, just a nice place to have a coffee or snack. The ambience of the place is very good as is the decor.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I've been here a few time now just because it's handy. I find the food very average &the staff very miserable & unhelpful. I seem to spend ages trying to get their attention while they stand around talking. Won't be going back.

heathermtn, Owner at Jayelles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, we are sorry you didn't enjoy it... to describe our food as average especially when you have tried us a few times is disappointing because it is anything but. Hence the Lovely reviews below.
We create a friendly atmosphere and I like my staff to be happy at work, I cant think why you would think they were miserable when fellow reviewers describe them as friendly and always receive good service. We hope you will contact us so we can put this right.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just had tea at Jayelles. We reserved a window seat, the table was beautifully decorated. Gorgeous food. Lovely atmosphere. Well worth a visit. Thank you to everyone! Fabulous afternoon tea.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have been visiting the area for over 3 years and always make a point of eating at Jayelles. We have had snacks, evening meals, a big family birthday meal, and a Sunday lunch. We haven't been disappointed once. The team are always friendly and enthusiastic, that makes such a difference. The team always produce tasty, imaginative food, and long may it continue. Thank you everyone at Jayelles.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast. My guest had omelette with cheese and tomato filling and I had the full English breakfast. Both were excellent.