“BEST EVER SUNDAY LUCH”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“BEST EVER SUNDAY LUCH”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We visited Tavistock Retro last Sunday - this was the best ever Sunday lunch I have ever had. I had the roast beef, and other party members had the pork and gammon - all meats were cooked to absolute perfection!!! also they serve a great selection of vegetables and large yorkshire puds - It's a great family place and great ambiance and staff are always very attentive and cheerfull - Exceptional all round food and service

• Visited November 2013
KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you and your family had such a great Sunday lunch, I will pass your kind words to all involved.

Regards

Tavistock Leisure Ltd

“Good decent restaurant with good food”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Tavistock has become a standard haunt of mine for whenever I visit this neck of the woods. The atmosphere and ambience is very welcoming, the food is good and the staff very helpful.
My only complaint is the lack of vegetarian food, otherwise a great place to eat

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of our restaurant, I am pleased you continue to visit us whilst in the area.

Should you wish to have a specific vegetarian dish then please let us know on your next visit and I am sure the chef will be able to make this for you.

Seaton Delaval, United Kingdom
“Totally unexpected and eclectic surroundings !”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed at the Roker Hotel with a few colleagues, and for convenience went next door without reservations to the Tavistock at about 9:00pm on a Tuesday night. First impressions were "what the hell have we walked into", but quite quickly the eclectic mix of paraphernalia became quite an interesting part of the experience. We were greeted warmly by Amy and Paul who looked after us all night, Paul was extremely friendly and being a Scouser had more than enough banter to make the evening very enjoyable, and keep us smiling throughout. The food quality was excellent and the Fillet Steak was possibly one of the best I’ve ever had (even though my mates was bigger than mine !), perfectly cook and delicious, and even the chips tasted superb (and not even a drop of cheese on them at all). Being a Geordie, I would rarely visit Sunderland, but may make an exception for this place.

• Visited November 2013
KEITH D, Director at Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for such a great review.

I am pleased to read that you found our décor, service and food to be of the highest quality.

I will pass all of your kind comments to all involved and we look forward to seeing you again in our restaurant.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had researched restaurants in the area and this was one with a good reviews and so I had high expectations. I expected it to be busy on Friday night so booked a table for me and my partner, our reservation was for 7, a couple who were clearly regulars were seated before us even though our reservation was a half hour earlier than there's, so we weren't seated until half 7. We complained at this point, the staff were very apologetic and I appreciate that but feel new customers should be treated with the same value as new customers. The food was served hot and quickly, however we weren't given a new knife and fork for another course. My partner enjoyed their meal, however I had the calzone, the ham used in the calzone was cheap and thick. Furthermore, I have eaten at a Tavistock restaurant before in Birtley, and never been disappointed in fact I go regular and I regret deciding to try another one.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience at our restaurant. All customers weather new or old are treat with the same professionalism and apologise if you felt that this was not the case.

The overwhelming majority of our reviews compliment the high standards of service and food that we provide. Our ham is cooked on the premises using finest cuts of Yorkshire gammon to compliment all of the other local quality fresh ingredients we use.

I will pass your concerns to both the Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef.

We hope to see you again soon so we can reassure you that your experience was an extremely isolated and unusual for our award winning restaurant.

“Magical food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We visited on 1st November as we are getting married on 01/11/14 in same hotel. Food was gorgeous, staff very friendly and warm atmosphere. I recommend the wild boar and chorizo calzone !

David & Lesley
X x x

Visited November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you had such a great experience at our restaurant.

I also thank you for choosing to host your wedding day with us and wish you warmest congratulations.

We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant before your wedding!

Regards