“Perfect location for a summer stroll”

Tavistock Italia Retro Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although this restaurant doesn't have views of the sea from inside the dining room, the sea is directly opposite and is perfect to walk off the extra calories from the delicious desert I had. The early evening menu is excellent value for money and I would recommend it highly. You must order before 6.30pm to take advantage of this offer. The food was excellent as always. I will be returning again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There was only three ladies lunching on Tuesday (after a sad occasion of releasing a balloon in memory of a loved one at the beach) and decided to go to the Roker Hotel. What can I say? It was okay but that's all. We all ordered fish and were so disappointed that the skin was still on! We honestly thought that the Roker Hotel would not serve fish with skin on! How naïve! We informed the waitress that we were disappointed and she said that if we had asked for skinless fish they would have served us with it, but how were we to know! It didn't state that on the menu! However, we were a little disappointed and they did offer specials which didn't really appeal to us but we will give it another chance and return at a later date.

1  Thank CaroleRanton
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went for Sunday lunch here last week and it was lovely; I chose the pork and usually always moan at other restaurants, but this time it was beautiful soft and succulent. Partner had the lamb and there was lots, also got top marks!

Staff helpful & friendly, baby high-chairs ready available too. All in all a cosy & friendly restaurant that we will be going back too, and sunday meals just under a tenner for 2 courses was good value for money.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently visited this restaurant and found the members of staff extremely friendly Sofien, Channel and Chris. It was not particularly busy and each course was served very quickly. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent. Price of the 3 courses mayhem menu was very reasonable. We will shortly be back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Have been to this restaurant a few times, primarily because it is in the same building as the R Bar, hence nice to go for a few beers and then pop down for a bite to eat. Unfortunately I have noticed over the past few months that the service has been getting very sloppy. The staff are friendly enough but their cheerful attitude hides the slap dash way they approach the tending of the tables. This time was the final straw for me. Not only did they get both my starter , and main wrong, they also included additional items which my wife didn't order and then tried to charge us for them.

Its a pity, cause the quality of the food is quite high...( when they get the order right ! )

1  Thank Guy t